Sleep is initially one of the basic needs for human health and having a sufficient amount of sleep at the appropriate time is essential. But in the new age, we are so busy with our work and other stuff and most of us build a late-night working habit. It can eventually affect our health and cause serious disorders like insomnia, somniphobia, etc. Well, technology is here with an amazing invention for the Android owners to build a good sleeping habit. Today, we will talk about that, and it’s everything about the best sleep apps for Android.
Best Sleep Apps for Android You Can Try For a Better Sleep
On PlayStore, you will certainly find tons of sleep apps for sure. Most of the apps are not indeed working properly, and even some apps are of no help in building a proper sleeping habit. However, it’s also true that there are a lot of apps that really work. From them, we have listed the 10 best sleep apps for your Android device. Some of them also work well as your meditation guide as an effective yoga app and help you reduce stress and anxiety. So, check out the features indeed and pick the best one for yourself.
1. Calm – Meditate, Sleep, Relax
- This app will help you make a proper sleep routine and always notify you when it is time for bed or getting up.
- You can initially change the alarm melodies and notification tone and set your favorite song from the music files too.
- The built-in meditation guide includes meditation for different time duration and schedules. You can simply follow the best one for you.
- Over 30 different natural relaxing sounds will be there to calm you while sleeping or meditating. You can set a sleep timer to turn it off.
- The complete session is very helpful to build a good sleeping habit. You can choose a session of different time duration and levels.
Pros: Feeling lonely while sleeping? This app has more than a hundred sleeping stories both for kids and adults to make you sleepy in no time.
Cons: Some of the useful features are locked for premium users only.
2. Headspace: Meditation & Sleep
- This app basically provides different types of courses to learn meditation and yoga that are good for your sleeping schedule.
- Lots of sleep time music is there, and you can use a sleep timer to turn it off after a while. The collection of music makes you calm and relax.
- More than 40 meditation courses will guide you to learn to meditate in a proper way.
- 28 days of easy courses will help you develop a self-care habit of exercise as the best fitness app.
- This app will eventually wake you up at the right time and also notify you when it’s time for bed.
Pros: This app is good for a better sleeping habit and a better meditation and yoga guide. Additionally, it helps you develop your focus and concentration.
3. Sleep Sounds
- About 12 natural sounds include Rainforest, Autumn Woods, Evening Beach, Airplane Sounds, and many more.
- The sounds and atmospheres are totally personalizable as per your wish.
- With the timer, you can set a time to turn the app off.
- There are a lot of fascinating background images with original artwork to enjoy.
- Both dark and light mode is available to choose from.
- You can match and mix several sounds.
Pros: The sound mixes that you created are allowed to save. Furthermore, the app will not cause extra battery consumption.
Cons: You can not go to another app without closing it.
4. Sleepa: Relaxing sounds, Sleep
- There are about 32 soothing sounds to help you to sleep better.
- The sounds are categorized into 4 types which are: Rain, Nature, City, Meditation.
- You will find the 3 most famous varieties of white noise that include White, Pink, and Brown noises.
- A sleep-timer is battery saving, and you can apply both dark and light themes.
- This app lets you mix several sounds into numerous combinations.
- It allows you to save the mixes you like most so that you can instantly access them.
Pros: You can listen to the sounds without an internet connection. Again, you can customize the alarm clock.
Cons: Here, you can not share the tracks with others.
5. Relax Melodies: Sleep, Calm & Meditate
- There are almost 200 music, sounds, bits, tones, and you can mix them all and create unique soundscapes.
- Over 160 meditations will help you to quiet everyday stress and drift to sleep.
- You can mix breathing exercises with soothing sounds like take a break, de-stress, clear your mind and fall asleep.
- The app lets you set the alarm, and it will help you wake up with Relax Melodies.
- It comes with 2.5 HZ, 4 HZ, 5HZ, 8HZ, 10HZ, 20 HZ Isochronic Brainwaves, and binaural beats.
Pros: The soundscapes include White noise and ASMR. And it offers airplanes, a vacuum, a hairdryer, fan noise. Moreover, there is meditation music of instruments, ambient melodies, singing bowls, voices too.
6. Sleep Cycle: Sleep analysis & Smart alarm clock
- The smart Alarm will only wake you up when you are in light sleep, which is quite refreshing to start the day.
- You are free to set alarm melodies, and there will be a customizable wake-up window like a regular alarm clock for up to 90 minutes.
- The app will show you detailed sleep statistics and sleep graphs.
- You can take sleep notes like drinking coffee, working out, eating late, and understand if it affects your sleep quality.
- The app lets you keep a backup of your sleep data, and you can compare this to world sleep statistics.
Pros: You can track your sleep by putting the phone close to your place, and it’s not necessary to keep it under your pillow. Furthermore, you can export sleep data to excel, and it will help you in detailed analysis.
Cons: You may face battery drainage problems with this app.
7. Pzizz – Sleep, Nap, Focus
- It includes a quick sleep mode for aiding a hindrance-free sleep in no time.
- This app tracks down the sleep time, focus sessions, and other states in its history section.
- Users can set up numerous wake-up music, which allows them to wake up gently from their bed.
- The nap module offers a customizable set of music and sound effects for relaxation and boosts inner calmness.
- Users can change the sound effects, genders for voices, 3D effects, and duration for custom modules.
- It works flawlessly on ear-pods and headphones. The phone’s speaker and external home sound system will work fine too.
Pros: It helps the sleeping cycles just by hearing different soothing sounds. The app interface is very smooth and integrates a familiar navigation system.
8. Zen: Relax, Meditate & Sleep
- It offers audio, video, texts, and motivational guides to help the users relax and stay calm at any time they want.
- You can learn about meditation techniques and follow numerous ways available in the app as simple and comprehensive programs.
- It includes a special kind of mood monitor which individuals can use to track their mood changes and emotional status.
- You will like its ever-growing collection of deep sleep-aiding and wake-up morning soundtracks.
- It integrates trending ASMR sounds for relaxation, sleeping aid, and mental stability.
- This app also integrates useful therapies for inner energy-boosting, improving intelligence, elevating moods, improved sexual activities, etc.
Pros: It offers a familiar and accessible user interface. Moreover, this app works seamlessly on both Android phones and tablets alike.
Cons: Some people did not like the approach of this app.
9. Simple Habit: Meditation, Sleep
- It includes a lot of different content for health-boosting and relaxation.
- This app includes techniques to improve your focus, cognitive state, leadership qualities, decision-making capabilities, etc.
- This app integrates on-the-go features to meditate and calm yourself in the quickest time possible.
- It requires a very little amount of effort and time to calm yourself down and get into the state of calmness using the app.
- The layouts of the app indeed feature high-quality visual effects.
- It offers regular therapy sessions, which are highly motivational and helpful for leading a healthy lifestyle.
Pros: This app offers a materialistic and user-friendly UI. You can go through the suggestions of world-class experts and psychologists that are available within the app.
Cons: Some users did not like the subscription-based access for many useful features.
10. Sleep Lab: Sleep Cycle Tracker & Sleep Recorder
- Daily, weekly, and monthly data analysis will initially show the sleep trends and statistics.
- You can mark your sleeping habit and improve your habit more efficiently.
- This app tracks all 5 different sleep cycles and analyzes how long you were on a particular cycle.
- It measures your body movements and environmental noise while you are sleeping using microphone and accelerator sensors.
- This app will also provide you scores for your sleeping, and you can track the development with the scores too.
Pros: do you have a snoring habit? This app will initially record your snoring sounds and provide you essential tips to get rid of them.
Before recommending the best sleep apps for your Android device, I like to recommend having one of these apps on your device. It’s for your health as having a good sleep is also a part of your health. Well, if you are confused with these 10 options, I would like to recommend my personal picks. I used calm for an overall meditation and sleep app. But when it is all about sleep, you better try Sleep Sounds or Sleep Lab. Hopefully, you will track the benefits of using those apps very soon.
Some of us never take sleep disorders seriously and think of them as nothing. But people can die if they cannot sleep over 11 days continuously. And it is scientifically proven. However, you shouldn’t take any health and psychological disorder lightly. It is for your health and long life. Hopefully, you understand the necessity of a sleep app and now plan to install one. So, which app are you selecting? Just comment here to let us know. Thank you for staying with us this long.