The team behind ONLYOFFICE DocSpace has recently launched a self-hosted version of their open-source collaborative platform for real-time document co-editing and management.
ONLYOFFICE DocSpace is designed around the idea of rooms, where each space has specific permissions. This allows for enhanced collaboration on documents with customers, business partners, contractors, and other external users. The features of ONLYOFFICE DocSpace include:
- Provides collaboration rooms that allow for real-time co-authoring. Additionally, ONLYOFFICE offers custom rooms with flexible settings that can be used for any purpose.
- There are various levels of access permissions available, including viewing, editing, commenting, reviewing, and form filling.
- Collaborative editors and viewers are available to work on various types of content, such as text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, fillable forms, e-books, and PDF files.
- The platform is GDPR and HIPAA-compliant.
- Security features include AES-256 encryption, HTTPS protocol usage, JWT, activity tracking, audit reporting tools, 2FA, and Single Sign-On.
- Deployment options include on-premises on Linux servers through DEB/RPM packages and Docker or in the cloud.