Are you searching an application for taking notes? Here it is. Brainstorm can be the application you have been looking for so long. It is a note-taking application for Linux or macOS based on the open source system. It comes with modern clutter free UI. It’s such an application which you can use for multi purposes. You can not only make notes but also make plans and create cheat sheets using this app.
You can also use tags to categorize the cheat sheet and share it with your friends. There is also an option to organize the tagged notes into named boards. This best note-taking app can also collect different contents, quotes, articles, and books. It uses the grid layout for brainstorm range. Now you can feel free to express your feelings through writing on this app, and it will keep all your feelings safe.
Important Features of Brainstorm
- Board formed Notebooks.
- Available for Linux/GNU and macOS.
- Open to users for their contribution to the Brainstorm codes.
- Support note-taking and personal note sharing.
- Take note with its live preview.
- All boards view option.
- App data hosting on the server or locally.
- Supports syntax highlighting.
- Comes with Searchable tag Categories.
- Allows note tagging. A user can view all note with a tag by clicking on that particular tag.
- Supports multiple boards.
Setup Local Brainstorm
For setting up local Brainstorm app, you have to follow the below steps:
- First, install meteor on your Linux distribution:
curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh
- Then, you’ll need to clone Brainstorm with git and run meteor inside the brainstorm folder, and a local server will start at
git clone https://github.com/Azeirah/brainstorm.git cd brainstorm meteor
It seems that this app is quite an alternative to Evernote. Well, if you are not going to write any technical code, you can use it without any hesitation. It’s way more straightforward and easier than Boostnote.
Is there any confusion or any question? Is this article helpful? Or do you have any suggestion for us? Feel free to share your thoughts and leave a comment below. Your response will help us to improve our services. If you think it is helpful, don’t forget to share this on the social media.