Numix circle icon theme is the outcome of Numix project which is well-known for making GTK themes for the Linux Desktop Environment. Few parts of this theme are based on elementary, humanity and gnome icon themes. This theme provides an awesome desktop environment with its circle icons and it supports all the Linux variations like Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, and so on.
Install Numix Circle Icon Theme on Ubuntu/Mint :
Install Themes suits
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:numix/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install numix-icon-theme
Numix Circle Icon Suite
sudo apt-get install numix-icon-theme-circle
Install Numix Circle Icon Theme to Fedora
sudo dnf copr enable numix/numix sudo dnf install numix-icon-theme numix-icon-theme-circle
Install Numix Icon and Theme to Fedora by enabling Numix “copr” repo.
Manual Download and Installation on Any Linux Distros
Step – 1
Step – 2
- Extract to “/usr/share/themes” or “~/.themes” (make this folder without quote, if necessary)
- For Icon, extract here “/use/share/icons”
You can run the command into Terminal to do so.
cd /usr/share/icons sudo wget https://github.com/numixproject/numix-icon-theme-circle/archive/v1.tar.gz sudo tar -xzvf v1.tar.gz sudo rm -Rf v1.tar.gz cd numix-icon-theme-circle-1 mv Numix-Circle /usr/share/icons
Step – 3
- Use Distribution specific tools to make the change.
- For Ubuntu, you can use Unity Tweak Tool to make the change.
Remove the Numix theme
sudo apt-get remove numix-icon-theme-circle
For More information follow How To Use Themes and Icons on Various Linux Desktop
SEE MORE :
- Install Inspire Icon Set on Ubuntu and Other Linux Desktop
- Install Elementary OS Style Icon Theme on Ubuntu
- Install OS X El Capitan Theme on Ubuntu
- Install OSX-Breeze Gnome Theme on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
One Last Thing…
Mind if you do me a sweet favor, and tap the Social Share Button if you learned something new? It’d mean so much to me.
Thanks again for spending part of your day here. Hope to see you come back. 🙂