There are many different reasons, and people need to send texts hiding their phone numbers. Most of the time, business officers and companies need to use this kind of service to send texts to the clients to share the deals and offers they provide. But many people want to use this kind of service for fun and other essential reasons. However, if you require assistance like that, maybe the best anonymous texting apps will help you most conveniently.
Is It Legally Right to Use an Anonymous Texting or Calling App?
There is no legal issue in sending text anonymously or making a call from a private number in most cases. Basically, these kinds of communicating services are used by business companies to let people know about their new offers and deals. Also, people use these apps to make texts and call them untraceable and secret. If this kind of act doesn’t hamper others in any way, there won’t be an issue regarding the anonymous text or call.
But many careless people use these apps to disturb others and for other illegal issues. In these cases, the victim can be content with the security officers, and they can trace the senders easily with the help of the security AI of the particular government.
So, we will always suggest you use these apps only for your business purposes or just for fun. Please make sure that your work won’t harm others, and you will use the suggestions for exemplary purposes only.
Best Anonymous Texting Apps
Before we directly start discussing the best anonymous texting apps for iPhone and Android, I would like to inform you about an issue. As it is a crucial service, building an app with this facility is challenging.
So, many apps are promising this feature, but actually, they don’t. We were pretty much disappointed when checking the apps to form the list. But the listed apps work pretty well, and maybe you won’t be disappointed by them.
1. Second Phone Number
Let’s start discussing the best anonymous texting apps with the supremacy of the Second Phone Number. This app only requires a second phone number virtually, and you are allowed to call over and text via WIFI. And through this software, it’s easy to send SMS or MMS and send or receive calls disclosing the identity. No wonder it is the best app to secure your privacy, but you sure have options to disclose your identity to the clients.
- You will get a free second phone number for private calling and texting.
- Indeed, you can buy your own second phone number of your will, and it has no limitation.
- The app initially allows you to send photos to other numbers.
- The app also lets you send and receive audio messages too.
- You will get US and UK phone numbers just like the regular ones.
Pros: You can easily track your clients with this app. Moreover, The app also offers a toll-free number.
Cons: This application does not have a dark mode.
2. Text Me – Phone Call + Texting
Text Me is a well-designed app with opportunities for free calling and to get multiple phone numbers, not even revealing your original number. Moreover, you can call people and message any number in Canada and the US using this app. Additionally, you can make a video call with your friends if they are engaged in this software. To use this app, you have to choose a nickname with a texting number, and then you are free to enjoy calling, texting, and video calling.
- You can send real SMS to any number for free without any restrictions.
- You can both send and receive videos, large pictures, and so on.
- The app allows you for free voicemail, and you will receive calls in your numbers.
- The app lets you share your location with a single click.
- You can enhance the speed of your messages through this app.
Pros: You can call in any number of over 200 countries, including the US and Canada. Furthermore, the app will notify you if your message is delivered or read by your friend.
3. ImNot.Me Anonymous texting
ImNot.Me Anonymous texting is arguably the most trusting anonymous texting app you will ever get. Notably, the receiver of the message doesn’t need to have this app. Indeed the app is entertaining, and you can send messages via SMS disclosing your identity. Also, it will help you to invite for blind dates and express your love anonymously. Likewise, you can report fraud messages and inform them about illegal activities too.
- The app has come with international support, and you can send messages in every corner around the world.
- You will initially find a schedule messaging option, and it’s great for future messaging.
- There are examples or template options, and you can use them in a moment.
- You can also resend any message if you want.
- There is a feature like local history, and you can see what you’ve already sent.
Pros: The app eventually allows you to access the contacts on your phone. Besides, it will notify you about when your message is delivered.
Cons: The app takes time to send messages.
4. Free Tone – Calling & Texting
Free Tone is a distinct platform that allows unlimited calling and texting to any number in Canada or the US. Moreover, you can connect with your friends only if they have installed this application and enjoy an unlimited voicemail facility. Additionally, the app only wants you to pick a number and share it with your friends. And then you are ready to go for texting, calling, video calling, and so on. So, if you are planning to send messages to friends in private, it can be your best pick.
- The app initially gets you an actual phone number, and the call is limited only to some residents.
- This application allows you to share your location with a single click.
- This app provides you with one free phone number per account.
- You will also receive phone calls on your number.
- You need to remember to enable push notifications. Otherwise, you won’t receive any calls or messages.
- The app also offers a speaker, and you can mute any calls if you want.
Pros: There will be a broad sample of stickers for you to enjoy. Plus, The app includes Bluetooth mode, and you can send pictures too.
Cons: Outside US and Canada, the app won’t work for free.
5. AddaLine – Phone Numbers
How about adding a new number to your phone within 60 seconds? AddaLine has a great approach that allows you to make and receive calls, and it grants extra phone numbers. So, you don’t have to reveal your phone number to the receivers with this useful anonymous texting app. No wonder the application is a great help to manage employee accounts, local presence, move numbers between each other, etc. Moreover, you will receive international support and can call other residents at a meager cost.
- The app will allow you to sell things online with your own number.
- In the beginning, the app will get your complimentary ten text messages and 10 minutes for calls.
- You can simply use your number for calling, texting, voicemail, number schedule, etc.
- The app also supports MMS but only in UD numbers.
- You can instantly track marketing campaigns and much more.
Pros: You can eventually remain wary and private while sharing your AddaLine numbers with others. In addition, you can create a new number and remove the old one anytime you want.
Cons: The app sometimes fails to notify you about the incoming call.
6. Hushed – 2nd Phone Number
Why not get an anonymous texting application that never interacts with your phone number and works excellent in dating, traveling, and business? Well, Hushed is very easy to use, and it will allow you for different numbers for texting and calling. In fact, this powerful texting app will help you with multiple lines in your life, along with an excellent privacy system. Indeed, you can access your account on the device via WIFI or cellular data. Let’s check out what more this app will offer.
- The app gets you a temporary number to receive calls and post on ads for business purposes.
- It simply lets you share a disposable number that matches with the dating app.
- The app provides you international support so your friends can easily reach you.
- It will indeed help you to keep your conversation private, and you can remove it all after doing your job.
- The app offers local numbers over 300 area codes, including US, Canada, and the UK.
Pros: You don’t need to sign any contract for the verification. Moreover, you can enjoy full-talk, SMS, and MMS facilities too.
7. Smiley Private Texting SMS
Smiley Private Texting SMS has come with a text resolution anonymously without getting exposed. In fact, it grants the best privacy system and will protect your phone number. And you only need to sign up and enter a number that you want to text. Moreover, the app will get you an actual phone number in the UK, Australia, the US, Canada, and many other countries. Indeed you can text anyone with the given second-line phone number with this powerful anonymous texting app.
- You can send unlimited text, and your contacts can see your number.
- The app initially allows for image messaging or MMS.
- You can indeed use the call-blocker facility to block numbers if you feel no longer interested in getting messages.
- You will simply receive the messages right after your contacts reply.
- The app lets you use both permanent or temporary numbers and secures your privacy.
Pros: You can also erase individual texts or the entire conversation. Furthermore, you can check the phone numbers and the caller id of a person.
Cons: The service of this app is not entirely free, especially outside of the area code.
8. Second Phone Number
If you want to make calls or send messages anonymously, the Second Phone Number is specially designed for you. No wonder the app secures your privacy and hides your personal phone number. It even allows you to keep the conversation secret, and then you can delete them right away. Indeed the app works best in work, business, online shopping, where it’s unlikely to use personal phone numbers. And there’s no way to leak numbers to strangers.
- You can simply add different personal phone numbers and manage multiple lines easily.
- The app only grants disposable numbers, so you can burn anytime.
- It eventually supports SMS, picture messages, calls, and so on.
- This application will provide you with local numbers from over 200 area codes, including Canada and US.
- You will get voicemail greetings, customizable ringtones, call forwarding, etc., with this app.
Pros: It initially lets you lock your private messages and call history. Moreover, you will find auto-reply SMS for each number as well.
Cons: This software doesn’t have any dark themes.
9. CoverMe – Second Phone Number
Next, we have another anonymous texting app on the list, and it is CoverMe. Notably, the app has multiple approaches, and it does allow for encrypted messages, private messages, disappearing messages, and so on. In addition, the app is good at hiding secret messages, personal contacts, and phone logs. Moreover, you can recall sent messages effortlessly, and even the call logs won’t be shown on your phone bills. Still not impressed? The following details will help you anyway.
- You only need to give a shake to lock all the private text messages.
- The app indeed grants multiple second numbers with different area codes, and it’s convenient for business operations.
- This app will accompany you on your online dating, and it guarantees to secure your privacy.
- You can simply make calls to the US, Canada, and China. Also, it works similarly to regular phone service.
- It doesn’t allow anyone to store or spread your private text messages and removes them once it gets read.
Pros: The app lets you change the second phone number anytime. Furthermore, it supports decoy passwords so no one can ever read your secret messages.
10. Second Texting Number
We are near the end, so let’s check the final app on the list, Second Texting Number. This app is best for anonymous texting, and you can choose a phone number with any area code. Also, for account registration, you will receive a verification code instantly when you start using it. The only thing it requires is that you need to add phone numbers to connect with others. Of course, the app allows you to add as many people as you want.
- The app is straightforward to use, and you can send messages and get a reply within a matter of seconds.
- This app indeed lets you send and receive messages, and there are no restrictions.
- You can only connect with any US numbers.
- The app will allow you to send or receive photo messages too.
- You can simply create groups and interact with your friends in messages.
- This app will also protect your privacy with this second number.
Pros: You won’t receive any spam messages. Besides, you can customize the phone numbers as well.
Cons: You can not send longer messages within two sentences.
Q: Is there an app for anonymous texting?
A: Yes, there are lots of anonymous texting apps out there. You can find them in both AppStore and PlayStore. Both free and paid texting apps let you send texts to others with fake numbers or just with no number. But many apps that cannot possibly send anonymous text still promise to do that. So, while installing the app, you should recheck its features to make sure that it works.
Q: Do anonymous texting apps work?
A: Yes, many texting apps let you send a message without revealing your phone number. Some of them eventually send messages with a fake phone number. Basically, these apps don’t use your phone network to send a text, but you need to use them with the internet. So, quite like Messenger or Skype, these apps won’t have an option to show your number or email address.
Q: What is the best anonymous messaging app for Android?
A: Second Phone Number by MyPhoneRobot and ImNot.Me Anonymous texting is the best anonymous texting apps for Android. Both of these apps are free to use, and they really work to keep the sender’s number and other details secret. So, the receivers won’t get exactly who is sending the text, and it will be completely anonymous to him.
Q: What is the best anonymous texting app for the iPhone?
A: Addaline and Hushed are the best anonymous texting apps for iPhone. Both of these apps are available for free with some options with optional in-app purchases. You can indeed use these apps on your iPad and Mac as well. These apps will let you send messages with a second and unknown phone number to keep the sender’s identity secret.
From now on, you can send messages and wish your friends secretly with the following best anonymous texting apps for your Android and iPhone. None of the apps has any legal issues, and so you can use them freely. Also, all these apps let you enjoy other facilities like call blocking features, anonymous calling features, caller ID features, and similar. Hopefully, the app you will select to use will provide you with an amazing experience. Thank you for taking the time to check and read our content.