Streaming video on live has now become very popular, and people worldwide are enjoying the Livestream video of different types. Also, creating cinematic videos has become the profession of many individuals. And to record videos, the GoPro action camera is considered to be handier. Basically, the GoPro camera is quite perfect for capturing live-action and cinematic video. This kind of camera is affordable, and so, people are getting more interested in it. However, if you already have one or are planning to buy one, the list of best GoPro apps maybe help you a lot.
Best GoPro Apps to Control and Edit the GoPro Camera Video
Indeed, there are not many GoPro apps for iPhone and Android available out there. In fact, most of the available ones are not adequately capable of helping you at all. But to be accurate, there are some apps you must love to use for specific features regarding the GoPro camera. And so, we have collected them all to form the list of recommendations. The adjacent features to the listed names will also help you choose the appropriate one as well.
1. GoPro Quik: Video Editor
Once you have a GoPro action camera, you must love to try the official GoPro app, right? GoPro Quik the just the app I am talking about. To control your camera, no other apps work so perfectly and provide so many options. While synchronizing with your GoPro camera, this app works perfectly. Just a few taps confirm transferring video files from the camera to your smartphone. Also, whether you are an Android user or iOS, this app will be there for you, and it is free. beat-synced
- This app comes with a beat-synced system that lets you add your music with the video taken by your GoPro camera.
- A set of full-featured editing tools will let you edit all the videos using this app.
- There are lots of free video frames available here. You can indeed use any of them to customize your video.
- Eventually, you can change the environmental effect using lots of filters.
- Synchronizing with your GoPro camera, you can see this app for live streaming.
Pros: Using this app, you can ensure unlimited cloud storage backup for your GoPro action camera.
Cons: Some users face problems while uploading media on it.
2. Splice – Video Editor & Maker
The next option is Splice, a video editor for GoPro. This powerful video editor comes with a standard synchronizing system with your action camera and provides tons of tools for video editing. You can simply share the video file of your GoPro camera to your smart device and do all essential editing with it. This app is offered for iOS users only, and the iPad performs the best with it. However, this app will also save the raw and edited files of all videos captured on your GoPro camera.
- You can use all the essential tools here to trim, cut, and customize your video files taken by the GoPro Camera.
- There are more than 6000 free songs available in this app that you can use as the playback music of the video.
- Eventually, you can adjust the playback speed and motion as well.
- This GoPro editing software also lets you add titles, slide descriptions, etc. Eventually, it includes a powerful subtitle-making tool as well.
- Using the free Chromekey option, you can initially get rid of the messy background of any video taken by your GoPro camera.
Pros: You can directly share video files from this app using almost all popular social media after making all the customizations. You can also upload video files on YouTube directly too.
Cons: Some users find it difficult to adjust the payback sound volume in this app.
3. ActionStudio-for GoPro videos
If you plan to manage and edit your action camera shots on your iOS devices, especially using your MacBook and iPad, just concentrate here. ActionStudio is one of the best GoPro apps for iPhone with all sorts of GoPro camera video handling and editing functions. This app also lets you control your action camera and drone cameras remotely.
At the same time, you can make tons of customizations on the videos taken by those devices using this app. Let’s check out more about this app.
- Tons of uncommon video editing tools are available here to trim, cut and adjust the video file.
- You can synchronize your GoPro camera to your device just by using this app.
- There are indeed eight different color and light control that you use to customize the video files.
- This app supports all kinds of high-frame video from the GoPro action camera.
- Balancing mixed video files to make a masterpiece is also easy with this fantastic app.
- You can also add music as the playback from iTunes.
Pros: You can import video files from different from your GoPro action camera using this app. You can use hundreds of filter options to customize the video files.
4. Power Director – Video Editor
Let’s check out a GoPro video editor app for Android, Power Director. Basically, it’s a simple video editing tool you can use on your Android for free. But almost no other apps have the high functional video editing tools specially built for GoPro cameras and drones.
You don’t need a PC with high specifications to edit videos taken by your action camera anymore. Just transfer them to your Android and use this app to make all the customizations you need.
- This app lets you import and export video files of 4K video.
- You can also fix Shaky video taken by the action camera using this app.
- This app lets you use spectacular double exposure effects to make your masterpiece.
- You can customize the level of brightness, exposure, saturation, and vignette effect very easily.
- It will indeed help you add different types of playback music and let you customize the playback speed.
- Unnecessary advertisements won’t disturb you while using this app.
Pros: After making all the customizations, you can simply upload the video files on YouTube and Facebook directly from this app. Also, you can share these video files with your friends now from here.
Cons: You can face problems regarding the audio customization of a video file using this app.
5. KineMaster – Video Editor
If you like to edit GoPro videos on your Android smartphone, KineMaster is undoubtedly the best choice for this purpose. This compelling app lets you edit almost all GoPro video files, including HEVC files, in the most comfortable way. KineMaster can edit files of all regulations that a GoPro can generate. Selecting and combining video clips are also hassle-free in this app.
Besides, you can add music or modify the background sound of the existing one with it. Again, it has a virtual store that is always jam-packed with the latest templates, music, and others.
- You can simply export files in any video file format you want.
- It indeed lets you use more than 2500 images, stickers, effects, text, and more assets to your video. Apparently, you can make a complete pro-level video only with it.
- The EQ presets, and volume envelope tools are also available in this app.
- The whole editing area is quite handy. Eventually, all your editing tools are just near your fingertip.
- KineMaster also comes with robust color controls that can make your GoPro videos more vibrant.
Pros: It features reversing, speeding up, slow-mo, and more to create unique visual effects. Also, you can directly share your GoPro video on any platform through it.
Cons: It can’t download files directly from the GoPro camera.
6. Myk Video Editing for GoPro
If you are a full-time GoPro vlogger, then you should have Myk Video Editing for GoPro installed on your phone. This app is available for both Android and iPhone. Also, it is truly a helping hand for travelers who love to make travel vlogs. You can simply swiftly transfer videos to your smartphone, and apparently, the process is relatively faster than any similar GoPro apps.
Moreover, you can edit your GoPro videos just with your smartphone. This great app is also compatible with somewhat older Android or iOS versions as well.
- The video editor is the best part of this app, and it offers all the vital features you need for professional-level video editing.
- With this app, you can instantly share raw or edited GoPro videos. Apparently, it is beneficial when you are on the road.
- You can easily control your GoPro through this fantastic app.
- The interface of this app is quite user-friendly and handy.
- This GoPro editing software indeed lets you automatically add Telemetry to your videos.
Pros: You can simply use this as a wireless audio source while recording with GoPro. Initially, it produces pro-level audio from your videos, and also, you can export HEVC files through it.
Cons: It only lets you control HERO3*, HERO4, HERO5, HERO6 & HERO7 or later versions with it.
7. LIVE4 GoPro
This app is highly recommended if you do live to stream often. LIVE4 GoPro offers buffer-free screen mirroring of what your camera lens sees, and you just need to tap once to start live streaming. Another impressive thing is, you can stream to not less than thirty different platforms with it. Additionally, you can read live comments while live streaming on your GoPro.
Besides, it has a minimalistic interface and appealing look, which makes streaming more comfortable and hassle-free. Logging or signing on to social accounts is also painless with this app.
- Its live preview shows the exact stream what your audiences are watching. Apparently, this feature makes it easy for you to know when to readjust the position or refocus of your GoPro.
- Almost all the “GoPro Hero” cameras are indeed compatible with it.
- You can change streaming privacy on Public, Friends, or even Only Me with this app.
- The video will buffer if the cellular connection is lost and start automatically when reconnects. So, the audience will not miss any frame of the stream.
- It also stores your streaming video so you can use them in the future.
Pros: This incredible app also works when the screen is locked. Moreover, the video quality automatically adjusts according to the internet speed of your phone.
8. Bluetooth Remote for GoPro® Cameras
If you use more than one GoPro camera while shooting, then Bluetooth Remote for GoPro® Cameras is undoubtedly a valuable tool for you. It is a remote app that can connect with multiple GoPro cameras at the same time. You can easily set your GroPro camera in position and control most settings with only a smartphone.
The best part of this app is, it runs on older Apple and Android phones and supports most of the GoPro camera series. In addition, you can also create or edit presents of some new GroPro cameras with it.
- Adding cameras and syncing them with this app is simple. Eventually, you just have to tap on the “+” button to add another camera.
- It initially uses Bluetooth technology and consumes less battery power than your phone.
- This powerful app can show the live preview in full-screen mode. Apparently, this feature is mainly helpful for self-presentation-style recordings.
- You can quickly see the camera state on this app.
- This app doesn’t require an internet connection to work.
- It also offers a “Find Camera” feature with pretty loud beeps.
Pros: The buttons are moderate-sized, and you can tap them efficiently. Additionally, you can tag moments through it.
Cons: Sometimes, it may have a hard time detecting your GoPro.
9. MultiPro: GoPro ProTune Bluetooth Remote
MultiPro by Booman media is one of the lightest remote GoPro apps that might help you a lot. This tiny app for your GoPro camera can simply make your recording sessions more comfortable. With it, you can set your GoPro in an unreachable position and record video as well. It has tools for self-recording and wildlife video capturing too.
Moreover, you can connect multiple cameras with it and control them at the same time. This “to-the-point” app offers the features you need to manage your GoPro cameras.
- It initially consumes less power from both your phone and GoPro(s) since it uses Bluetooth to be connected.
- You can change all the basic settings of GoPro, like resolution, FPS shutter speed, etc., right from it.
- The response of the remote system is speedy. Apparently, GoPro can start/stop recording as soon as you press.
- Since it is a minimal app, it doesn’t put much pressure on your smartphone.
- The FPV usage is also supported in this powerful app. You can initially adjust sharpness, color profile, etc., while the GoPro is used on a drone.
Pros: It saves your settings as preferences to apply multiple configurations to all your cameras. Besides, You can rename the file name from it.
Cons: It can’t show a live preview of the recording like other similar GoPro apps.
10. Media Commander for GoPro
Are you looking for a media center app for your GoPro? Then you must try Media Commander for GoPro by Shift QA Devs, and it’s the final recommendation today. This powerful app works as a remote media center for your GoPro action camera. You just have to connect your GoPro with this app, and you will see all your GoPro media on your phone.
It also connects with your GoPro with a strong Wi-Fi connection and lets you play videos buffer-freely. Moreover, the interface is convenient and looks very organized.
- It simply offers full-screen video playing with a standard video player.
- There is a low-quality video resolution video playing feature. Apparently, it is an excellent backup in case you face a low Wi-Fi connection.
- This GoPro editing software runs on almost all HEVC supported Androids fluently.
- There is no need for an internet connection to use this app.
- You can also download videos and photos of your GoPro from it, and it eventually has a pretty good download speed.
Pros: It initially lets you delete media files of your GoPro from it. Also, it is relatively more minor in size and puts less pressure on the device’s ram.
Cons: There is no search engine available in the app.
Q: What are the best free GoPro apps?
A: Quik and Splice are the best free GoPro apps for iPhone and Android. GoPro Quik is available for both Android and iPhone. But Splice is only open for iPhone users, and Android users can also use PowerDirector as an alternative to Splice.
Almost all these apps are free to use, but you can buy their premium subscription if you wish to enjoy more premium features. However, GoPro Quik will let you control your camera while editing the video taken by it.
LIVE4 is another sophisticated app to control the GoPro camera just using your smartphone. But for editing GoPro videos, you should either try Splice or PowerDirector. There are also many apps good for the same purposes, including KineMaster, iMovie, etc.
Q: What is the best app to control the GoPro camera?
A: GoPro Quik, LIVE4, and ActionStudio are the best app to control the GoPro camera from your smartphone. Basically, GoPro Quick is the official GoPro app to edit GoPro video and to control the camera. But LIVE4 and ActionStudio are also capable of doing so. Both these apps provide a better synchronizing option for GoPro and let you use multiple functions for that.
Q: What is the best app to edit GoPro camera video?
A: Splice and Power Director are the best apps to edit video files captured by Gopro Camera. Splice is only available for iOS users, while you can use Power Director on your Android devices.
All of these GoPro editing softwares provide a handy set of video editing tools to edit any video file. Also, you can use almost any of your favorite video editing apps to edit GoPro camera video. But you just need to take the file to your smartphone from the camera.
Q: Is there any official GoPro app?
A: Yes, GoPro has an official app named GoPro Quik. It is available for both Android and iPhone and also, it is free to use. You can simply use this app to share video files taken by a GoPro camera, edit the video file, and control your GoPro camera.
Q: What is the best Quik alternative?
A: iMovie is the best Quik alternative for iPhone. But if you are looking for an Android alternative to Quik, then you should try Media Commander for GoPro. Both of these apps are good to edit video and controlling your action camera just with your smartphone.
So, from now on, most of the problems of using a GoPro action camera won’t bother you at all. Just make sure that you are using the most appropriate GoPro app for your device. If you want to enjoy multiple features, I wonder you need to try two or more apps from the above list. However, you can share our content with your familiar persons who also have a GoPro hero camera. Also, you can share your feedback on the content to ensure that you are with us. Thank you a thousand times for your support.