NodeJs has been a popular web framework. It has been used to develop highly scalable web applications. A statistic shows that more than 1.5 Lakh websites are using NodeJs on a regular basis. And the number is increasing proportionally. When it comes to Content Management System (CMS), many NodeJs frameworks have led the way to a consistent digital content platform. For years now, NodeJs have been used to create some powerful CMS architectures. You will find some useful NodeJs CMS structures that you have been looking for in your projects if you look closely.
Best NodeJs CMS
Many people still confuse CMS with WordPress or Joomla, or other open-source platforms. However, due to being a solid back-end language, NodeJs, now, is building some great and useful CMS platforms.
KeystoneJs is a powerful NodeJs CMS framework. It has been providing robust CMS support for years now. Apart from providing powerful CMS structures, KeystoneJs is also used to develop RESTful APIs, e-commerce applications, platforms, and different online forums. KeystoneJs offers a simplified Admin UI that assists developers in creating beautiful, sophisticated CMS.
Features Available In KeystoneJs
- With Keystone, you can connect the MongoDB database using Mongoose. It leads you to the object document mapper (ODM) package.
- You can achieve a variety of contents using Data Models in keystone. However, these Data Models are like Mongoose templates and can also be used for users as well.
- The MVC architecture makes it easier to build the required structure for rendered data. You can get lists of contents using the built-in template support of keystone.
- Keystone comes with good support for extension plugins. Using these plugins, you can achieve Component-Based Content Modeling without the help of coding.
- Although it requires a little work, it is more flexible and comes with a variety of customization options for the developers.
- Keystone is extremely lightweight and provides a rich API for database administration. According to many, it is great for content-oriented websites.
2. Ghost CMS
Features Available In Ghost CMS
- Although Ghost believes in simplicity, it provides the most elegant format for blogging so far. These formats, their design are very clean, simple, and soothing to the eyes.
- Ghost offers you a very user-friendly interface. You can work for hours with the editor without any distractions.
- What’s more to that is Ghost comes with built-in SEO features. You can have all (SiteMaps, Meta Data, AMPs, Canonical Tags) ready here.
- You can share your content on different social media platforms without having to install any additional plugins. Ghost is all wrapped up with built-in social sharing options.
- Ghost can be integrated with more than 1K third-party services with the help of Zapier. You can also use the Ghost Public API to use other third-party platforms.
- In this NodeJs CMS, CDN is used, which makes your blogging section extremely faster than others. Ghost is quite affordable too.
03. Strapi CMS
Most of you are already aware of the ultimate benefits of headless CMS. Strapi is an open source headless nodejs CMS. It offers developers to create a powerful, self-hosted, and highly customizable content API. Strapi is also suitable for developing systematic and well-configured web and mobile applications. It is very secure and feature-rich in nature.
Features Available In Strapi CMS
- Strapi comes with an intuitive content management system. It simplifies the architecture of content development and provides a convenient content management experience.
- It features a rich markdown editor that can engineer different types of content such as – images, paragraphs, media files, snippets, and others.
- Strapi offers an easily customizable layout where you can insert anything you need by simply using drag and drop features.
- With this NodeJs CMS, you can easily dive into the Code Editor and customize the code according to your needs.
- You can assign users with different roles. This way, not everyone will access the endpoint, and your API will be secure.
- Strapi is a plugin-oriented CMS. It provides a set of default plugins (along with the built-in default features) for every new project.
NodeBeats is an open-source nodejs framework that has been built using the MEAN framework. It is a mature content management system that helps you to create seamless content-oriented web applications. With this NodeJs CMS, you can easily create feature-rich content websites and transform them to any extent you like.
Features Available In NodeBeats
- NodeBeats uses Angular 5, which allows you to develop faster and highly effective applications making them simpler to use.
- With this NodeJs CMS, you can share your content anywhere and display them any way you like via one API.
- Increase your authentication security by using a token-based authentication system. This way, you can protect your confidential resources using the access control list (ACLs).
- Track your content performance easily because NodeBeats adds Google Analytics highlights as graphical formats in your dashboard.
- With NodeBeats, don’t worry about any storage issues as it stores images of all sizes in the cloudinary cloud.
- It provides organized documentation in case anyone needs help with setup. NodeBeats also comes with multi-app support, several email services, 2-factor authorization, and others.
Features Available In Cody
- Cody is a user-friendly CMS that offers automatic content updates. Your expired contents will automatically be unpublished.
- You can also configure this nodejs cms and add a variety of customized contents such as countdown calendars, tables, and others.
- It also comes with good SEO support, ensuring that your content takes a good place in the SERPs.
- This NodeJs CMS supports multi-language features and provides you with an easy drag and drop solution. Anything you do is easier with Cody.
- With Cody, you can assign roles to multiple users. Monitor the overall progress and take necessary steps whenever needed.
- Cody is very easy to learn. Anyone with basic knowledge of word-processing software such as OpenOffice, WordPerfect can get along with this CMS.
Aposthrophe is a free, open-source CMS for NodeJs. Developers were focused on increasing the productivity of web development and content management while building this NodeJs CMS. Today, it has been used worldwide to create and maintain websites/ web applications of all categories. AposthropheCMS has the solution to all your problems.
Features Available In ApostropheCMS
- ApostropheCMS comes with versatile content editing tools that offer easy maintenance over your content.
- This NodeJs CMS is the only CMS that is considered perfect for the enterprise level. It is a feature-rich full-stack framework.
- You can easily get to the old version of any page or files and revive any files lost in the trash with ApostropheCMS.
- It comes with Drag and Drops feature to organize components of your page. Also, it comes with a solid text editor that is powered by CKEditor.
- You can also enjoy the benefits of auto-scaling, manual cropping, slideshow feature, easy lock-down, and many other useful features with this CMS.
EnduroJs is currently considered one of the most productive NodeJs CMS. It is minimalistic, fast, and quite clean and neat. Professionals are really impressed with its modern architecture. It requires almost zero set-ups, and its admin panel is so sophisticated. Although it comes with a small community, those who have used it are really satisfied with its interface.
Features Available In EnduroJs
- Enduro focuses on user flexibility. It makes sure that users have to go through the least number of clicks to build an entire project.
- With Enduro, you can build anything on the server because it comes with beautiful building tools such as Sass, Spritesheet Generation, and others as well.
- Anyone non-technical can easily manage content on EnduroJs websites. This is because of the smooth UI that it comes with.
- This NodeJs CMS requires no database. It only needs some flat files that you can easily edit with your text editor.
- You can make all of your Enduro projects multilingual. In fact, to do so, you don’t need additional set-up as well.
Calipso is a CMS that is written in NodeJs. In terms of its simplicity and performance, Calipso is quite similar to WordPress and Drupal, making it even more delightful to use. It is a modular CMS that makes it easy to handle all the in-depth features of this system. Once you start to use it, you will be highly satisfied with its flexibility.
Features Available In Calipso
- With Calipso, you can drag content from any source as it bears a scheduler and provides modules to the core.
- Calipso uses MongoDB as its database. And uses Map Reduce for the menu as well as for tag cloud generation.
- Although Calipso doesn’t support caching yet, it can easily take 180 hits per second.
- With Calipso, you are allowed to bring extreme customization with CSS. This is because Calipso uses a stylus in stylesheets and themes.
- All the core features of calipso except for bootstraps, themes, and forms are delivered transported by modules.
9. Reaction Commerce
Reaction Commerce is a NodeJs based eCommerce platform. It is built on NodeJs and entirely focuses on real-time mechanisms. It uses multiple solid platforms such as CoffeeScript, MongoDB, and Meteor. Its utility is considered a real-time blessing for the enterprise retailers providing higher scalability and growth to open commerce platforms.
Features Available In Reaction Commerce
- Reaction Commerce is a fully customizable eCommerce platform. It comes with reactive solutions for your marketplace.
- Define your business to a whole new level with Reaction Commerce. With this platform, you can drive your own commerce roadmap.
- Let your users take a highly evaluated shopping experience. Provide them with easy home-grown solutions, budget-friendly rev-shares, and zero vendor lock-ins.
- You can easily adapt your marketplace to the changing behavior of your clients. Reaction Commerce is flexible and comes with a modular architecture.
- Easily integrate with any other service providers because Reaction Commerce comes with a highly effective tech-stack offering an easy integration.
- With Reaction Commerce, you can get more of your customers’ event-data, explore insights over different sales channels, and manage business performance.
PencilBlue is basically a web-development CMS that allows you to create beautiful themes and plugins. It is an open-source NodeJs CMS. Developers enjoy using PencilBlue as it comes with great compatibility. It can work in harmony with a variety of tools and other services. It is a very responsive platform that you can use to create all sorts of websites.
Features Available In PencilBlue
- PencilBlue can be used to develop any plugin network that is highly moderated and directly work with your system’s core functions.
- As PencilBlue works with other platforms, anyone without any early requisites can easily install PencilBlue and work with it.
- PencilBlue provides built-in support for Angular Js, Bootstrap, and JQueryUI. You don’t have to add any additional libraries to your platform while working with PencilBlue.
- UI provided by this NodeJs CMS is powerful and allows you to create pages, blog posts easily, describe SEO tags, and others.
- Enable quick caching to your database objects because this CMS comes with default support for MongoDB and Redis.
Features Available In TiddlyWiki
- Whether it is personal or professional, with TiddlyWiki, you can share your hypertext documents to any server, store them on USB drives or Cloud service, and even send them via email.
- Enjoy customizing your projects with this application. You can extend it to a different level and integrate it with different add-ons.
- While you store your data with TiddlyWiki, you can still use them after ages. It guarantees the safety of your data.
- TiddlyWiki features the Drag and Drop solution to handle every content, such as tag pills, links separately.
- TiddlyWiki also comes with amazing features such as a powerful editor toolbar, LazyLoading, AutoSave, Start-up Actions, SVG, and many more.
Features Available In TaracotJs
- Taracot Js is a feature-rich blogging platform. It includes a variety of modules for both personal and professional uses, along with many other options.
- It offers a social networking system where you can enjoy real-time active messaging with the help of Socket.io.
- It is an ideal platform for your eCommerce solutions. You can integrate online payment plugins, multi-currency systems, shipment features, and many others.
- TaracotJs is highly customizable. You can bring changes easily to any level of your existing modules with this CMS.
Our next one in the list is a NodeJs framework built for real-time websites, applications, and blogs. We.Js offers a handful of features for developing modern active websites. Instant features such as themes, views, articles are all available in We.Js. It also provides astounding user management and supports different media formats.
Features Available In We.Js
- We.Js is compatible with all modern operating systems (Linux, Mac, Windows 10+). You can get a complete installation guide here.
- With We.Js, you can easily divide different functionalities of your projects into small size plugins and reuses or share them.
- You can create powerful themes of your own using We.Js. These themes can host default plugin templates, and they are available in We-Plugin-View.
- Using We.Js, you can whether use available plugins or make your custom ones. It’s all about plug and play.
- It allows users to access permission and comes with an easy administrative interface, built-in database updates, and many more.
Buckets.io is a modern open-source NodeJs CMS. It is developed on NodeJs and Mongo DB. It offers an innovative segmentation-technology that can transform the way of communication between the upper hand to online customers. It comes with great integration support covering about 1500+ applications.
Features Available In Buckets.io
- Store your content most flexibly with Buckets.io. It offers a structured and organized pathway to content management.
- You can create beautiful websites easily with Buckets.io by using simple routing and template systems. This is a real blessing for the developers.
- With Buckets.io, you can easily retrieve and delete any type of content at any moment you need.
- Buckets.io is fast. It allows you to add, remove, or update your content in the blink of an eye.
- This CMS is adaptable to screens of all sizes if it offers sleek or quick responsive layouts for the big screen of your tab to mobile screens.
- Your projects can be integrated with any express applications. You can whether derive it as an NPM module or install it from the direct source.
ButterCMS is a headless CMS. It can be easily integrated with NodeJs. Using butterCMS, you can add CMS blogs, dynamic features to your general NodeJs applications. It is very easy to install and use. Moreover, ButterCMS is highly compatible with other platforms and comes with a lot of exciting CMS-based features.
Features Available In ButterCMS
- With ButterCMS, you will be able to build a fully mature SEO landing page. You can also evaluate customer case studies, update company news, build webinar pages, and many others.
- ButterCMS offers a very easy integration process. Developers all over the world have stated that they can easily integrate it with their applications.
- Enjoy a lot of options for content customization. You can build custom page layouts and custom content modeling, allow test environments, and many more.
- ButterCMS offers CDN to store your assets. This way, the delivery of your content will be faster, safer, and easier.
- This CMS comes with an amazing admin interface. It’s simple and easy, to begin with, even for beginners. ButterCMS also requires almost zero maintenance.
16. TotalJs CMS
TotalJs is a NodeJs framework that offers you to build amazing web applications. However, when it comes to TotalJs CMS, it assists you in developing extraordinary professional and personal websites. TotalJs content management system is a NodeJs CMS that is built on NoSQL without following any dependencies.
Features Available In TotalJs CMS
- TotalJs CMS helps you to keep track of every visitor on your website. Its beautiful dashboard offers you daily/ monthly status, visitor counters, and a lot more.
- This entire CMS is developed on widgets. Any template you choose for editing, these widgets will help you enhance the selected template.
- TotalJs CMS stores raw HTML code. You can work or manipulate this HTML code whenever you need, from the embedded database.
- This CMS editor comes with no WYSIWYG editor. Rather it offers you a design-driven editor. You can modify all kinds of media files here.
- With TotalJs CMS, you can easily change attributes of different elements – class, style, etc. Also, you can enjoy the benefits of the Drag and Drop feature with this CMS.
Within the latest generation CMS of NodeJs and React, Relax is ranking on top. Relax is a NodeJs CMS that aims to build better and powerful websites. Relax focuses on providing the world with a better environment where everyone can create beautiful websites without going through code lines. Besides, Relax Slack is always open for options and improvements.
Features Available In Relax
- Relax comes with a live page builder, fully based on components, and provides a simple and easy way to bind data with these components.
- In Relax, you have to use the Sharp module to resize images. It makes the conversion of large image files easier and faster.
- This NodeJs CMS comes with a clean Admin Dashboard. Here, you will be presented with the least amount of data that you need to access different actions.
- Relax is free and an open source CMS. The developers of Relax dream of developing a marketplace for this CMS where everyone can buy and sell themes/ different components.
- Relax features Relate, a library built to use with Redux and GraphQL. It works as an alternative to Relay and offers you to define containers’ data requirements.
Prismic is considered to be an alternative to WordPress. It is both productive and enjoyable for developers. It is also a headless CMS. You can easily develop Prismic projects using NodeJs. This beautiful CMS offers a special starter project kit for NodeJs. Check out this NodeJs Tutorial and see how easy it is to create a simple website with Prismic on NodeJs.
Features Available In Prismic.io
- Prismic features with built-in custom page types. You can create modern feature-rich page layouts without having additional plugins. Everything you need is here.
- With Prismic, you don’t have to execute or maintain any DB scripts. You can easily write your content, download SDK, and take other actions.
- This CMS supports the latest templating languages such as Mustache, Pug, Twig, etc. Developers can simply choose what they need.
- Enjoy the benefits of easy integration with Prismic. It is easily integrable with any other language or framework.
- Prismic offers you SEO customization, A/B Testing, Batch Scheduling, and many more. It always takes user experience seriously.
- Prismic is less expensive than other CMS. It will also offer you a dedicated CDN, security, and reliability. With Prismic, you don’t have to worry about updates at all.
NodeJs, as a framework, is winning the heart of thousands of developers. Whereas NodeJs CMS platforms have guaranteed a safe platform for developing potential content management systems. In our list of best NodeJs CMS, we hope you will find the right guide to your next NodeJs CMS. We have provided detailed information and attached links at the end of each CMS. You can also share this article and let others know who are looking for a perfect NodeJs CMS.
Useful article on Nodejs CMS, however, few frameworks in the list are not widely used due to better options available in the market. But this post is truly helpful for using the Nodejs framework for developers in web development.
This is a really useful guide for those like me, still exploring the possibilities of NodeJS.
Thanks for sharing this list!
Express and koa are not nodejs CMS they are web framework
Some great thoughts on each product in your list here, but a bit misleading due to at least a couple of them being frameworks, rather than a CMS. Sure, they can be USED to build a CMS, but are not inherently a CMS application to begin with. The most notable product to point out here would be Express.