Zabbix is an open source all in one Linux monitoring solution for a wide range of IT infrastructure, services, applications, virtual machines, cloud resources etc. It provides humanly understandable monitoring metrics on a network and system utilization, CPU and resource loads, Memory and disk space consumption, and much more.
This software solution is available for all the major Linux distros including Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, RedHat, etc. Moreover, it comes for Mac OS X, Solaris, and other Unix based system. You can use various database platforms to store the infrastructure data that you get from Zabbix. It supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQLite, Oracle or IBM DB2 to store system metrics.
Important Features of Zabbix
- It let you monitor real-time metrics collected from virtual machines, system server, or any kind of connected network devices.
- Metrics help to identify the health of your IT infrastructure and problems related to hardware and software components.
- Metrics or information can be stored in a variety of DB formats which can be analyzed later on for understanding and improving the server condition.
- This application uses an encrypted client-server architecture and communication method between server agents and clients to gather the data and send it to the server.
- Data or information is well protected while it transfers through insecure networks due to its encryption in nature.
- Data or metrics can be viewed or analyzed and system configuration can be set via an intuitive web interface.
- Zabbix is Mature, an enterprise-level platform to monitor large-scale IT environments.
- It offers agents for monitoring remote host.
- Zabbix also supports system monitoring through SNMP, TCP, and ICMP checks.
Is this review helpful? If so, please take a short moment to share this content on your social media. Your one simple step will encourage us to write more useful content for the Linux community. And don’t forget to share your suggestion and experience in the comment below.