As you are a Linux or specifically Ubuntu user, you might have tried a set of modern flat Themes like Arc, Numix or Adapta. But still, you can try a different flavor of another flat and beautiful Ant GTK Theme on your System.
Ant GTK Theme is made for Ubuntu and other Gnome-based Linux distributions. It comes with three variations such as:
- Ant – which is light with red highlighted.
- Ant Dracula – which is dark along with green accent and pink highlighted.
- Ant Bloody offers a fantastic mixture of dark and light with green accent and red highlighted.
Window control of all the variants is basically inspired by Mac OS. But despite different tastes, I personally feel, this window control asset would be much better if followed original window control asset rather being inspired by Mac OS.
How To Install Ant GTK Theme on Ubuntu
Did you like the look and feel of this theme? If so then follow the below instructions to download, install and apply this theme on Ubuntu and other Gnome-based Linux desktops.
1. Download any above-mentioned variants from GNOME-look as you wish to use.
2. Now extract the downloaded zip file to the themes directory i.e. ~/.themes/ or /usr/share/themes/ (create it if required).
3. If you are on top of Gnome Environment, run the following Command to apply the setting.
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Ant gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme Ant
Or otherwise you can always use Gnome/Ubuntu Tweak Tool/Other distros tweak tool.
Recommended Post: How To Use Themes and Icons on Various Linux Desktop
I hope you have liked this theme and my tutorial. If you want more themes and icons, please follow my list of best and popular Ubuntu Themes hub.
Share your experience and thoughts in the comment below. Thanks for having a good time with Us.