Php (recursive acronym for Hypertext preprocessor) is a general-purpose scripted language that one can use to manipulate existing systems or create one from scratch. If you are still in the learning phase, working on different Php projects is the best way to master the language. It can also help you get a taste of how real programming projects work.
Most such Php project ideas require a good grasp of fundamental Php concepts. That said, you can’t really start your career without any prior experience working on projects. But we know that starting a project or choosing which to work on can be confusing. So, if you’re stuck in that place right now, keep reading to explore with us.
Php Projects: 10 Essential Project Ideas
In today’s article, we will be walking you through the 10 best Php projects we know of, which would be suitable for people of all learning stages, be they beginner, intermediary, or advanced. So, let’s start right away.
1. Content Management System
Have you heard of WordPress or Wix? If you have, you know what a content management system (CMS) is. But no worries if you aren’t familiar with it – we’ll explain. Basically, content management systems are systems that help you build different sorts of websites with the help of server hostings and domains. That said, Php is a popular language for CMS development, so it’s necessary to include it in today’s list.
- This project has two significant modules – the management module and the delivery module.
- Your management module should let you build a website and create, modify, and remove content from the website.
- The delivery module will take instructions from the server and execute those for the users.
- You should also add features to scale websites and add a library for themes and plugins.
2. Fake Review Identification System
Businesses often use fake reviews to create a better brand image. This is especially true for startups as they try to grow their business through different marketing strategies. People are more likely to buy something that has positive reviews.
However, these reviews do not provide organic traffic to your business. So, if you are a customer looking for genuine products or a businessman weeding out competitors, Php projects such as fake review identification systems can truly come in handy.
- This project should have a single admin module to manage everything.
- Your admin module should be able to take keywords that can help determine fake reviews.
- The system should be able to go through user data within the platform to analyze the tone of other reviews made by that user.
- It should be able to distinguish an organic review from a fake one using the keywords and tone of the review.
3. Student Portal with Chatbot
The days of keeping planners to manage studies and student discipline are far gone. The majority of academic institutions have switched to digital teaching methods – especially during the covid pandemic.
However, this evidently increased the use of student portals worldwide. These portals also come with chatbots to help out students. That said, building such student portals is one of the best Php project ideas out there. So let’s look at what it entails below.
- This project has three main modules: bot, admin, and student.
- Your bot module should be able to send instant replies to frequent student queries.
- The admin module should be able to add or remove admins who can handle different batches of students.
- Lastly, the student module should allow students to log in to a dashboard from which they can see new notices, exam results, assignment dues, and much more.
4. Customer Management System
If you are looking for the best Php projects to automate customer management, this one is a must-try for you. Have you ever called a customer care hotline to file a complaint or make a query? This project works on the same concept, but it’s a more automated version of it. As a business owner, you don’t have to keep a separate team for handling such customers, so the application will save you money.
- There should be a customer and a manager module for this project.
- Customers should be able to see a menu for either talking with a manager, looking at frequently asked questions, filing complaints, etc.
- The manager module should be able to see this customer request and respond accordingly.
- If the customer chooses others from the menu, they should be connected to the manager for further queries by default.
5. WordPress Plug-in
We have briefly mentioned that WordPress is a content management system in the first project we discussed today. So, it’s obvious that you can create websites using WordPress. However, there are very few websites that do not make use of plugins for a variety of purposes.
That said, creating WordPress plugins is one of the most popular Php projects among intermediate-level Php programmers. You can actually launch them for a passive income if it’s well-made.
- Depending on the type of plugin, the features should be different, but your plugin should be compatible and up-to-date with WordPress versions.
- It should be able to adapt to the theme of the website that it will be integrated with.
- The plugin should not modify existing features but only add to them.
- Your plugin should also be customizable in order to give users control over which feature they want to enable or disable.
6. Movie Recommendation Application
Movie nights have been consistent throughout most of our lives. There are a lot of nostalgic memories attached to fighting over what movie to watch. However, in our busy schedules, most of us just wish to relax as soon as possible with a movie and food.
Movie recommendation apps often come in handy when the time comes. In fact, you can build such an application yourself as one of your Php projects. Let’s take a look at what it entails below.
- There should be a menu to choose which genre of the film a user is looking for.
- Users should be able to create a playlist or watch-later list for movies they are interested in.
- The application should be able to collect data for trending movies from internet databases to keep your recommendations up-to-date.
- It should also show users movie ratings, movie durations, user reviews, casts, and other movie information.
7. Chess Game
Chess is one of the oldest and most classic board games out there. It’s not everybody’s cup of tea – but you can certainly enjoy the game if you love thinking out of the box. That said, like most programming languages, you can use Php for game development. In fact, chess is one of the most primitive games for beginners to build as part of their Php projects. So let’s check out what the project highlights are below.
- You should be able to map keys to invoke different actions within the game.
- The chess pieces should only move to their fixed directions or cells.
- It should let users take turns in playing according to game rules.
- The game should also display the rules and provide hints if a player is stuck.
8. Phishing Detection
Phishing is one of the most common approaches that scammers take to scam people out of money, even in recent times. They often text with harmful links, call or send fake emails to random people to exploit their information, or spread malware. Thus phishing detectors can help people stay safe by allowing them to look at the sender’s information. This is especially useful for people who aren’t alert enough about such attacks.
- You should take permission from users to access their data safely.
- The detector should also allow users to report numbers, emails, or social media profiles for phishing if they have valid proof in order to help others stay away from them.
- Users should be notified instantly if they are at risk of phishing.
- Data mining algorithms should be trained during development to prevent the program from malfunctioning.
9. Online Banking System
As technology keeps advancing, more and more people are getting used to online banking. And why won’t they? You get to skip those long lines at the banks, which would eat up most of your time for a simple task that you can now do from the comfort of your bed.
Although every bank has a different approach to online banking, most features remain the same. So, how about you develop an online banking system as a part of your Php projects portfolio? Let’s explore below.
- You should be able to connect to the bank to very the user before proceeding to any other tasks.
- The users should be able to log in, deposit, withdraw, or transfer money, make direct purchases, and much more.
- Users should also be able to access their monthly statements using this system.
- Your system should be able to send and check OTPs or verification emails before confirming an action.
10. Product Rating System Plugin
Last but not least, we have a product rating system plugin. If you own an e-commerce platform or have actively browsed through one like Amazon, you know how crucial product rating is for customers.
If the rating of a product is low, it is normal for people to steer clear of it. That said, the product rating plugin rates products by analyzing user reviews and ratings before coming to a conclusion out of 5 stars.
- The plugin should be able to integrate with any popular e-commerce platforms such as Woocommerce or Shopify.
- It should be able to analyze reviews to rate products and display top-rated products accordingly if users filter products according to ratings.
- Your plugin should also be able to detect spam reviews and neglect them during rating.
- Lastly, it should stay up-to-date with the CMS versions in order to provide the best performance.
Php Projects: The Conclusion
So, those were all of the Php projects we had in store for you today. We have discussed the project ideas as well as highlights suggesting what each project would entail. Now the best course of action for you would be to look into properly implementing your Php skills and research the resources available online to learn more.
Leave us feedback if you liked reading this article, or tell us what more you’d like to see. We hope this was helpful and that perhaps you’d even follow through on some of these projects. Whichever you choose to do, we wish you the best of luck in doing so. Thanks for the read! Goodbye.