Before not having any weather update, we often get stacked in different natural disasters like Strom, snowfall, heavy rainfall, etc. As a result, we may have to face very awkward situations, not attend important meetings, examinations, and others. On another side, travelers, surfers, hikers, parachute jumpers, and others need to be properly acknowledged about the weather conditions around them. In both cases, a weather app for Android can be a great problem solver. So, today, I have come with the 20 best free weather apps for Android.
Best Weather Apps for Android
Here, you will find 20 competitive weather apps with variations in features and advantages. Even some apps come with some extra facilities like live wallpapers, password protection, notes, and so on. That’s why I would like to ask you to read the info properly to find which one will suit you the best. Hopefully, you will be grateful for experiencing a great weather app from this list to be prepared for any situation.
1. Weather Forecast
The first app I want to introduce you to is Weather Forcast, the most popular weather channel app for Android. It can be perfect for you if you want to be always well aware of the weather situations in your area. This app has a very good reputation for being an accurate weather forecast teller. This app will tell you about the weather around you and also any place in the world if you ask it.
According to the situation, it changes its status instantly and always lets you be alert about it. Also, it is completely free to use, and it features a very strong network for the most accurate forecast.
- You can enjoy a live weather forecast using this app.
- It will automatically detect your location and let you be aware of the weather around you.
- You can learn about the weather for the next 7 days.
- Multiple Location weather report management systems are available.
- It provides the most reliable and accurate weather reports.
- Also, it provides an interstate weather forecast for travelers.
Simply, it calls Weather, and it is well known as one of the best weather apps for Android phones. Just turn the GPS on your device and let this app bring all the weather updates before you instantly. This app provides weather conditions, current atmospheric pressure, wind speed and direction, visibility distance, relative humidity, dew point, and other important information about the weather around you. Besides, you can learn about the real-time temperature and humidity alongside next week’s weather prediction.
- The accuracy rate of this app is truly satisfying.
- It will provide hourly and daily weather updates.
- You can see the weather prediction of the next 10 days, where most other apps cannot show it over a week.
- You can see the weather reports of any place at any time.
- This app supports almost all the national languages of the world.
- You can also find temperatures either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
3. Weather & Clock Widget for Android
The next recommendation is Weather & Clock Widget. Well, you can try this widget on the wallpaper of your device to always stay updated about time and weather conditions. You can be prepared for any severe weather conditions with this app because it will notify you about any upcoming natural disasters like Strom, snowfall, etc.
Besides, if you want to learn about the weather reports of any other distant place for any reason, it’s possible here. The search engine will find the place for you and show you the weather reports of that place.
- Shows you the upcoming weather conditions for the next 10 days.
- Needs GPS activation to bring the weather updates before you.
- A customizable notification system is available here.
- It shows the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit beside the clock over the phone display.
- This app updates the weather status every 15 minutes later.
4. Weather Forecast
Don’t get confused to see the same name again. This time, the Weather forecast is brought by BACHA Soft. This one is also full of useful aspects and intelligent UI. For providing the most accurate weather status, this app has gained vast popularity overnight. However, like most other apps, it will always notify you about the upcoming severe weather conditions. Moreover, it will help you to know about the weather in different places around the world. Still not convinced? Well, it has more for you.
- It shows the weather forecasts for almost all cities around the world.
- You can see the temperature and other weather info in different measuring units.
- This app detects your place using the GPS tracker of your device. So, make sure to keep it active.
- The next 7 days’ weather reports will always be available here.
- Customizable alert and notification system.
5. AccuWeather: Weather Forecast news & Live Radar
If you want to try one of the best weather channel apps for Android with a live radar facility, then try this app. It is AccuWeather. Well, this one has also come with almost all the features a competitive weather app should possess. You can always stay updated about all the natural phenomena and normal weather reports of your area and any other area worldwide. If you are interested, then you should have a glimpse below over the features to learn more.
- Shows you the weather forecast with the highest accuracy rate.
- Includes 24/7 live weather streams.
- Severe weather warning notifications and alarming systems are also available.
- The next two weeks’ weather report will also be there.
- Real feel temperature and room temperature details are available.
- It updates weather reports minute by minute.
6. Yahoo Weather
I think you have already been familiar with Yahoo Weather. Not many years ago, it was the best free weather app for Android. But still, it can compete with the latest weather apps. Because it is updated day by day, and now it is capable of providing you the most accurate weather reports all the time. Like other apps, it will always let you know about the upcoming disasters. Daily temperature, wind pressure, direction, humidity, and other essential weather info will always be displayed in this app.
- Get all the details about the weather, like wind direction, temperature, humidity, etc., in one place.
- You can save over 20 places to learn about the weather in those places.
- You can join Project weather on Flickr by just submitting your photo here.
- It shows animated sunrise, sunset, pressure modules, and wind.
- You can browse over interactive maps like radar, satellite, etc.
7. Windy.com – Weather Radar, Satellite, and Forecast
You will not say no to real-time weather reports with premium functions from Windy.com. It is among the most featured and free weather apps for Android devices. This app is free to use and provides an ad-free experience. Windy provides a detailed and visual representation of weather forecasts. It is a reliable source with modern UI. You will appreciate its language support as it includes over 40 languages along with English. It works smoothly on most Android devices and uses very limited resources.
- It provides all forecast models at once with premium features.
- The app offers customization on prior locations and offers full-fledged weather details of 1500+ paragliding spots.
- It integrates more than 40 different global weather maps with high-quality visuals.
- You will be provided with the updated wind, tide, and temperature forecasts of the nearby areas.
- This app gets altitude and timezone info automatically and provides Airgram and Meteogram coverage.
- It includes topographic maps and satellite imagery representation too.
8. Weather Live: Forecast & Rain Maps
Let’s meet another Android weather app that comes with beautiful weather animations and lots of live wallpapers. It is Weather Live by Apalon Apps. This app provides the latest updates on the weather conditions around you and the rest of the world. It comes in different packages. You can subscribe to the premium package, which provides an ad-free experience and unique features at a low cost.
And there is always a free version that comes with ad integration. This app is capable of showing forecasts for 7+ days in advance. You can also choose its way of representation by selecting detailed or compact layout designs.
- You will love its customizable layouts with vivid graphics.
- The app shows accurate weather details and temperature on the status bar.
- It is equipped with an advanced lightning tracker, air and wind pressure detector, rain maps, and so on.
- The weather details are presented in eye-catching live animations and visually stunning widgets.
- You can also check the forecasts for sunrise and sunset times.
- It provides accurate area temperature along with humidity ratio and also shows ‘feel like’ temperatures of selected areas.
9. Today Weather – Widget, Forecast, Radar & Alert
Weather reports are always a convenience to maintain a scheduled life. Today Weather brings you a cost-free way to have accurate weather forecasts. The app includes its own engine to gather authentic information from more than 10 sources. It also has widgets to decorate your home screen with temperature, wind, and rain info.
You will also get alerts of strong wind, thunderstorms, snow, heavy rain, and heatwaves of your nearby areas and favorite locations. It also provides important notifications and a quick view without hurting your device’s performance.
- This app comes with a simple interface with a beautiful and modern layout.
- You can set your favorite locations in the quick view and get weather forecasts whenever you want.
- It features a detailed widget and a weather radar.
- You will also get notifications of extreme weather conditions and alerts for sudden rain and snow.
- You can take photos of the weather data and share it with your friends through social media.
- It provides the latest updates on weather conditions and also shows air quality, UV index, and other pollution reports.
10. Neffos Weather
If all you need is basic weather reports, then choose Neffos Weather. It is a free weather channel app for your Android device. It provides accurate weather forecasts. The app is lite in size and takes little system resources. Your device will not run slow for its operations. It also features customizable widgets. You can tune up your home screen with the personalized weather forecasts in the widget’s quick view. It comes with multiple language support along with English as default.
- The app is backed up by world-class technical support and always gets updates for efficient operations.
- You will get accurate weather forecasts and data from the most authentic sources.
- This app detects your current location and provides real-time temperature, wind, humidity, air quality, heat waves, and rain information.
- It also includes notifications for sudden weather changes along with an advanced alert system.
- You can add locations with customizable weather details in the quick view.
- Neffos Weather also includes a precise positioning system to provide you the most updated local weather conditions.
11. Weather App
If you want to try the simplest and free weather app for your Android device, you can try Weather App. It is another powerful app with a very simple UI. You will never get an inaccurate weather prediction here because this app collects forecasts from the most reliable weather station. So, the accuracy rate is always higher than most other Android weather apps.
Not just the area you are staying in right now, but the cities around the world are under the network of this app. So, it is very easy to search the city name with an active search engine and get notified about the weather.
- It provides hourly and daily basis weather updates.
- You’ll learn the weather prediction of the next 7 days with detailed information.
- You don’t need to activate GPS on your device, and still, this app will keep providing updates for you.
- You will get notification of weather updates 3 times a day.
- It will give you a notification for Storms, high rainfall, snowfall, etc.
- Weather news from different media will also be there for you.
12. Amber Weather
Simple but accurate in nature, Amber Weather is one of the most reliable Android weather apps you can use for free. You can be alert in advance for future weather conditions, and so, the possibility of getting stacked in the rain, Strom, or heavy snowfall must be decreased for you.
If you want to keep updated about the weather conditions of a distant area where someone close to you is staying, it’s also possible here. This app has connections with most of the weather stations of different cities around the world. So, it can show you the accurate weather status of that place for you.
- This app supports the translation of over 30 different languages.
- It provides hourly weather updates and predictions for the next 7 days.
- It will notify you about severe weather conditions every day.
- It includes over 90 home screen widgets.
- You will find tons of outdoor weather tips and suggestions for traveling.
- You can save your favorite weather locations and learn about those places instantly.
13. Geometric Weather
Are you looking for a powerful Android weather app with lots of live wallpapers? Geometric Weather can be a good choice for you then. This app has a lot of helpful features besides the live wallpapers to provide you the most reliable weather information. This app includes live radar for extended forecasts.
You can simply customize the widgets and notifications and find various useful information and the status of up-to-date weather conditions. This user-friendly app will also alert you for dangerous weather conditions, and it covers a huge range of geographic areas.
- You can arrange your plans 15 days ahead, knowing the weather status.
- You can access 24 hours data overview.
- This app will give you information about temperature and air humidity.
- It has a brilliantly designed interface and desktop widgets.
- You can also enable the dark mode if you wish.
- It comes with attractive decoration and tons of live weather wallpaper.
14. Awesome Weather YoWindow
YoWindow is a friendly weather app that will help you to get weather updates instantly. You can get a reflection of live scenes according to the weather. No matter what area you are in, this app will show the exact weather of your location. This magical app shows you the moon phase too. You can see the change of weather easily by swiping your finger from left to right.
You will see the change of nature 5 times in a year in the landscape of this app. It will feel more like real when you can see the exact view of the weather animated in this app. You can even see the sunrises and sunsets on the display of your device.
- It will provide the weather information even 14 days ahead.
- You can set the alarm clock with this app to get up with natural sounds.
- This app will show you water temperature, “feels like” temperature, the chance of rain, UV index, and so on.
- You will be notified about sudden changes such as 7 degrees or more rise and fall of the temperature.
- This app includes tons of live wallpaper with facilities like a screensaver, the temperature on the status bar, etc.
15. Go Weather
When it comes to finding out the weather for your area, you can simply depend on Go Weather. This free weather app for your Android device will help you with current and future weather information. This app is totally free of cost. It also has live wallpapers and beautiful widgets. You will get informed in case it will rain so that you can take an umbrella with you.
The interface is user-friendly and attractive. You can get the weather information in detail as humidity, pressure, visibility, pollen count, etc. You can simply know the weather conditions from all around the globe.
- This app provides weather updates of more than 200000 locations.
- You will get more than 100 personalized wallpapers, beautiful themes, and live animations.
- You can share your present weather conditions with others to let them know.
- This app will also provide you the wind direction and force measurements.
- It will inform you of various health news for outdoor activities.
- You will get forecasts per hour and 10 days in advance.
16. Weather by Weatherbug
You can also try Weather by Weatherbug. This weather app has a lightning animated map, which is very good to look at. Besides, this app will give you the fastest updates on the weather around you ever. You can customize and save the locations of your choice from knowing the weather status of that place.
This app will make you feel secure as it will alert you about rainfall, thunderstorm possibilities. The lightning layers of the app and the rain radar will help you to get prepared for the upcoming weather conditions. You will get multiple choices for customizing language, temperature unit, wind unit, distance measurement, etc.
- You can enjoy access to more than 100000 weather stations.
- This app precisely informs you about the weather in over 90 countries and 2.6 million cities.
- You will get updated each hour and 10 days in advance.
- This app offers you more than a dozen weather layers.
- User-friendly interface and easy-to-use functions.
- You can also check out present traffic updates in this app.
17. Weather Forecast, News, Radar & Widgets: 1Weather
You can also try 1Weather. It is one of the most well-known weather apps for Android users. You can watch weather videos to get weather news from different places here. This app shows you current weather information as well as future updates with accuracy. You can check wind speed, “feel like” temperature, UV index, etc. Also, it will inform you about current humidity, visibility, dew point, barometric pressure, and many more. Chances of sudden weather change will be shown with a percentage to alert you.
- You can get proper weather updates per hour.
- You can track daylight hours, sunset, sunrise, lunar cycle, and other weather-related information of your location.
- You will get all this information on the notification bar.
- This app will alert you about dangerous weather conditions such as blizzards, hurricanes, fire, etc.
- You can customize the app to get only the information or alerts of your needs.
- The radar view is also available here.
18. Windfinder – weather & wind forecast
Be prepared for any weather conditions with Windfinder. It is one of the best free weather apps for Android users. Here, you can find every weather update according to your requirements. You can select the best travel time and places for surfing, sailing, and many more with perfect wind, weather, waves, and tides.
Moreover, you can get precise measurements of wind direction, air pressure, temperature, wave height, and direction. Moreover, this app will let you use it with the least data. Also, this app has various measurement scales, too, for a better understanding.
- This app is helpful for sailing, fishing, paragliding, cycling, and so on.
- This app can show you the weather updates of more than 40000 spots.
- You can always get weather status 10 days ahead.
- Satellite and radar views are available here.
- The app collects weather updates from more than 20000 stations.
19. Weather today: Local weather forecast
Weather Today is an app jam-packed with information at just a glance. You can download this app for free, and it includes a very user-friendly interface with tons of exciting features. With this app, it is much easier for you to get weather forecasts accurately. This app will help you to stay out of danger by alerting you about storms, hurricanes, temperature changes, and so on.
You can take precautions against seasonal allergy, local conditions, cold temperature from the app information. Weather updates of different locations from around the globe are available.
- You can be sure of advance 7 days of weather conditions, minute by minute, and hourly forecasts.
- This app has a lot of options for measurement scales such as bar, psi, Hg, mmHg for pressure units, and m/s, mph, km/h for wind units.
- It will provide you warnings on weather changes according to your location.
- You can personalize notification settings for this app so you don’t get bothered with unnecessary information.
- Both Fahrenheit and Celsius scale measurements are available.
- This app is helpful for your future travel plans.
20. RainViewer: NOAA Weather Radar, Rain Forecast
Introducing you to Rain Viewer, a dependable app for weather alerts, and it is the last one for today. You know that you can arrange your plans properly if you know the weather conditions accurately. In that case, this app can be handy for you. It will warn you about snowfall, rain, storm, etc. In this app, you can adjust the color scheme, distance unit, night mode, time intervals according to your taste.
It is more fun for you, as you can make a virtual snowman in this app when it’s about to snow outside. Also, you can adjust various ringtones concerning the rain intensity. This app has brilliant animations for different weather conditions.
- This app covers 82 locations from all around the world.
- You can check the data archive for the last 48 hours.
- The app provides you precise weather information with 1079 radars.
- It has 16 different color schemes for precipitation layers.
- You can also check out the traffic conditions in your area here.
You have done learning about the 20 best weather apps for Android. Hopefully, you have always fixed one to give a try on. I think it won’t be problematic to select one at all. But some of you may think that all of them have most of the features common in them.
For that, you may get confused. However, I am here for the final recommendation too. I suggest Weather Forecast or Today Weather or YoWindow. These three, I think, are one step ahead with their features and extensive advantages to offer.
Can you please visit here after a few days of using the Android weather app you have selected? If you can, please share your experience with that app to help others to find it. Very soon, we’ll come with another list of apps and, till now, stay connected. Thank you.