Simply speaking, Keybase is a chatting app that is built for computers and mobile phones. Powered by the public-key encryption, Keybase is free and user-friendly. It has proven to be one of the most user-friendly applications out there. Keybase offers you a lot of things. It is the reason why this app is becoming popular every day.
Features of Keybase
Keybase offers you a lot of things. From a user’s point of view, it is an app that is convenient to use. Let’s see what this app can offer:
- Availability: The first thing you should notice is the fact that if it is available on multiple platforms. And the answer is yes. It is available on Linux, Windows, MacOS, ios, and Android.
- Free Download: Secondly, you can download the app for free. Plus, you can use it without ads. Furthermore, the code is available on GitHub, and you can contribute if you want.
- Great Interface: The application possesses a modern interface that is pleasing to the eye.
- Conversation: One of the unique things about Keybase is that you can converse with people all over the globe without even knowing the email address or phone number of those people.
- Supports Tor: As it supports Tor, All the users around the world will be able to protect their identity. Tor’s anonymity algorithm will do the job. It is another reason why you should like Keybase. However, you should keep something in mind. Before using Tor, you must have Tor SOCKS proxy on your device.
- Others: With all said and done, there are other things that you should know about the app. Keybase will support the media attachment if you install it. Plus, you will be able to chat with a random Facebook, Hacker News, Twitter, Reddit, and GitHub user. And the best part about this is that you can chat securely.
Install Keybase client in Linux
Run the following command into the terminal to install this client in Ubuntu Linux:
——— On 64-bit ———
curl -O https://prerelease.keybase.io/keybase_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i keybase_amd64.deb sudo apt-get install -f run_keybase
——— On 32-bit ———
curl -O https://prerelease.keybase.io/keybase_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i keybase_i386.deb sudo apt-get install -f run_keybase
With all these features, Keybase is undoubtedly an efficient app that can help you out. So you very few excuses to call it a bad app. Has the article been helpful to you? If that’s the case, then leave a comment and share it right away.