Having all the musical instruments for one person is quite hard. So, it is like the dream of every musician to have a platform where they can use the music of any instrument they need. A music studio can offer all the facilities but hiring a studio is pretty expensive. Well, now you don’t have to spend a lot on that. Instead, use the best music-making apps for iPhone or iPad. You can use those apps as a portable music studio as they can save their unique ideas and progressions on the go. So, if you are looking for one, just keep your focus right below.
Best Music Making Apps for iPhone to Enhance Your Musical Intuition
Choosing the most effective and workable music-making software for Mac, iPhone, and iPad was pretty hard for us. Initially, we are not very good at music facts, and so you asked some music experts and students of the music department to help us select the best apps. After a long discussion, we got these 10 apps as the best.
Alongside learning many things about music, we learned to use these apps and understood almost all the functions. From that experience, we can assure you that none of these apps will disappoint you anyway.
- Available powerful multi-touch systems will help you trigger a Live Loop cell and also a group of cells at once.
- You can use the pre-produced custom loops to create something new.
- This app lets you capture your performance just with one tap on the recording button.
- You can add the alchemy touch Instrumental sounds, and it’s the unique part of this app.
- Want to add a DJ-style effect? You can use the remix FX functions of this app.
- Using a smart string set, you can play an entire string orchestra using this powerful app.
Pros: You can play the keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch using the 3D touch option. Additionally, you can adjust drum sounds with your music.
2. Figure – Make Music & Beats
- You can use almost all kinds of musical instruments and mix them to create new music.
- Just use the slide pad and experiment to create new music in the simplest way.
- This app lets you use drums, bass, and lead melodies to form music for a song.
- You can share your creation in the huge community of the iTunes library and enjoy what other artists create.
- There is an arpeggiator available here that you can use to transform chords into melody lines.
Pros: You can set loops of any length like 1, 2, 4, and 8 bars. Additionally, you can use the Reason’s Thor synthesizer to select Bass & Lead Synth sounds.
Cons: Very few users have a complaint about the loops making functions to be very complicated.
3. Music Maker Jam
- You can make music and earn free virtual currency that you can use to buy new features.
- To create the aesthetic mixdown, you can use the powerful 8-channel mixer.
- Don’t know how to start? Get unlimited samples on different genres like trap, EDM, hip hop, RnB, house, and more.
- You can use thousands of studio-quality beats and loops to make music and then add vocals to form a song.
- This professional music-making app for iPhone is compatible with any smart device, and the inclusive tutorial will help you learn to use it properly.
- You can join the music community of Music Maker Jam and share your creations with millions of users.
Pros: This app includes over 300 Mix Packs of different categories. Additionally, millions of loops are there in the library.
Cons: Getting back your account on a new device is pretty much complicated with this app.
4. iMPC Pro 2
- While creating and recording new music, you can use a built-in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, instruments, and other essential functions.
- Over 64 track mixers with EQ are available here alongside 24 scale modes.
- To arrange an audio clip, you can just drag and snap them to adjust.
- You can crop, duplicate, split, amplify, time stretch, and pitch shift with a few taps only.
- Around 4 different mute groups are there with lots of custom-designed envelope filters.
- A very extensive option for unlimited undo and redo facility is also available in this powerful music-making app for your iPhone.
Pros: You can free to use 5 new sound packs to customize your music. Eventually, an intuitive multi-touch editing system will let you customize music efficiently.
Cons: This app is not free, and it is pretty much expensive.
5. Auxy Pro – Music & Beat Maker
- The note editor lets you create and combine the drum beats and melodies.
- You can add scenes to sequence the loops of a track or song sketch.
- Here you will find a massive sound library with a collection of thousands of premium quality instruments and samples.
- If you wish to share them with anyone, you can import the samples to them.
- There are a variety of controls and a set of beautifully crafted effects to help you with fine-tuning.
- For more lively effects and soothing transitions, you can use the automated mix settings.
Pros: With this app, you can share your projects as links to collaborate with other producers. Also, you can upload any track of yours to SoundCloud in several formats.
Cons: You cannot pause while editing a loop, and you have to wait for the loop to come back.
6. BandLab – Music Making Studio
- A launchpad with a multi-track editor will help you create new music very easily, even on your iPhone.
- You can create music of different genres like EDM, dubstep, rock, rap, garage, hip-hop, house, and so on.
- Not just the audio music, you can indeed use this music video editing app to create video music remixes.
- You can record all the content and preserve them securely with cloud storage access.
- This app also lets you explore other’s creations and learn new things as well.
- More than 200 Virtual MIDI Instruments and hundreds of base presets are available here.
Pros: You can use this app to collaborate with a bigger community and publish your masterpiece there. Additionally, you can add DJ-like loops to your music using this app.
Cons: Some users complained about the editing option of recorded music.
7. KORG Gadget 2
- You can use KORG Gadget 2 on any of your devices and share the data within them without any issues.
- It allows the users to link with real instruments and studio hardware. This makes it even more versatile and offers unbeatable possibilities.
- You can find over 40 different musical gadgets in its system, such as drum machines, MIDI utilities, samplers, mixers, audio, etc.
- It provides regular updates, and users can change the outlooks and color schemes of this app interface.
- You can alter the tempo and pitch of sound with just one tap, and also, new IFX features are added regularly.
- It shows different instruments and tools according to categories.
Pros: This award-winning music app’s interface is very modern and materialistic. The touch sensitivity of this app is very smooth and lag-free.
Cons: Some users found the app UI too overwhelming.
8. Cubasis 2
- Users can add an unlimited amount of audio and MIDI tracks with support for external sources.
- It features an advanced audio engine featuring 32bit floating points with audio resolution support up to 24bit/96 kHz.
- You will be able to use a virtual keyboard, chords, drum pads, etc., on this app.
- You can make duplicate tracks without losing any quality and use DJ-like mixing tools with useful plug-ins.
- It allows MIDI over Bluetooth LE, and also it is fully compatible with Core Audio, Core MIDI, MIDI clock, etc.
- This app also includes advanced sharing facilities with cloud storage support.
Pros: This app requires a one-time payment and offers a very user-friendly work environment. It includes advanced Audio mixing and MIDI support with exporting capabilities.
Cons: The navigation system might seem a bit tricky to new users.
9. Audiobus: Mixer for music apps
Likewise, you will get an advanced mixing and balance with the mixer of this powerful music-making app for iPhone. Eventually, the app offers Digital Audio Workstation that will help you to compose, record, produce, edit the audio, and a lot more.
- Audiobus supports MIDI, and through this, you can send live audios. As with you can send AUv3 Audio Unit to another.
- You can add effects to your favorite synthesizer or even create your own effects in a series.
- You can fuse your music gear and connect with a Bluetooth or Wired MIDI keyboard.
- All you need to do is plug in your guitar or other mastering tools, and it goes parallel with mic input.
- As it has come with advanced MIDI, you can take control over adjust levels, toggle, switch presents, manipulate effects.
Pros: There, you will get a multi-channel audio interface and perform live audio sessions. Besides, You will get a wide range of third-party app functionality.
Cons: The app is way too complex to have control, and the user might face difficulty while plugging.
10. Song Maker: Music Mixer Beats
- Song Maker has a wide area of free sounds, loops, beats to make a unique combination of music.
- There will be a music library that offers all the fine beats like Trap, Hip Hop, Metal, Drums, Future Bass, etc.
- This efficient app is not just good in making music, but it works as a music editor and advanced mixer.
- You can edit the sound by repeating it, cut songs from the start, cut from the end, fade-in, and a lot more.
- You can add all the beats altogether in a single melody, and you can save it later.
Pros: The app offers demo music samples, and you can compose music in unlimited programs. Plus, you will find a backup of your melodies in iCloud.
Cons: The app doesn’t support any metal guitar loops.
Today, it is pretty hard to say which one is the most efficient music-making app for iOS. Our effort to understand these apps is not enough to judge their capability and point to the best one. But I can help you choose the suitable one for you.
If you prefer functions over cost, go for iMPC Pro 2 or the pro version of BandLab. And if you prefer it to be free and flawless, then you should try GarageBand or Figure. Also, you can use the Music Maker Jam or Figure if you are looking for music-making software for your Mac.
To be honest, music is like an Ocean, and learning everything about music is pretty much impossible if you are not spending years on it. But we tried our best to discuss these apps with experts and check them by ourselves. And now, we are quite sure that whatever app you are planning to select from these 10 best music-making apps for iPhone, you will fall for it in no time. So, share how it would win your mind with us if you manage to make time for it. Thank you for staying with us.