Pragha Music Player is a lightweight music player based on gtk, written in C programming language, for GNU/Linux. The main goal of the beautiful player is to be fast, light, and can perform the basic task without hampering the daily work.
- Easily integrates with GTK+3.
- Always independent of Gnome or Xfce.
- Provides multiple views based on folder, tag, and playlist.
- Shows two-panel design, inspired by Amarok music player basing on library and playlist.
- Users can search, queue songs, and filter on the running playlist.
- Simultaneously user can play the song and edit the tag of mp3, m4a, Ogg, FLAC, asf, WMA, and ape files.
- Intuitive playlist management and Exporting M3U and read M3U, PLS, XSPF, and WAX playlists.
- Offers command-line playback control.
- Desktop notification.
- Functionality can be increased by using plugins.
- New Koel plugin that allows playing music from this service.
- Implements cache purge limited by size. 1GB by default.
- Add option to “Add and Play” from library view.
- Allows reordering the columns of the playlists.
- New panel on info plugin that shows recommendations from Lastfm.
- Use custom names for the panel icons.
- Add a symbolic icon for the panel. Not used by default.
- Add “Search” hint to search entry.
- And various bug-fixes. See here for details.
How To Install Pragha Music Player On Ubuntu
Method 1 – Via an Unofficial PPA
- Open the Terminal from the app launcher and run the following command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/pragha
- Now install the Pragha Music Player by running the below command one by one:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install pragha
How to Remove
If you are not comfortable with this music player, run the below command into the Terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove pragha
You can also remove the PPA via Software & Updates utility under the ‘Other Software’ tab.
Method 2 – Download the Source Code
If you don’t want to install it through unofficial PPA, then the official source code is always there for installing the Pragha Music Player.
Note: The features mentioned here are not all-inclusive. The features mentioned are compiled either from their respective official websites or from my personal experience using them.
If you have questions, suggestions, or a word of thanks, feel free to drop a comment below.