Managing school is a mammoth and painstaking job that requires substantial endeavor to get every job done accordingly. A school merely does not consist of pupils moreover;, faculties, staff, parents, and other stakeholders are also a crucial part of it. In addition to that, students’ admission, fee maintenance, taking the examination, making results, and report cards are almost continuous activities. Furthermore, teachers require making course outline, assignments, developing course materials. What is more, staff management, HR and payroll, and students’ class attendance need to monitor on a regular basis.
On top of that, parents want to know their kids’ performance, promotion, result cards, and so on. Handling manually all the activities are pretty much difficult; hence, school management software is required. In fact, there are great ranges of open source school management systems that are incredibly handy to get the work done accordingly.
Best School Management System
In this article, the writer has focused on the digital classroom management software that is comfortably available. Among a vast amount of software, I have picked up a list of best school management software working on the different operating systems. Well, let’s have a look at the software in detail.
Veyon is a free and open source school management system, previously known as the iTALC, used for classroom management and computer monitoring. It is effectively functional on Windows and Linux systems. It mainly focuses on the education sector, and tutors can control and monitor the student’s computers remotely by Veyon software.
Features of Veyon
- Facilitated viewing and watching other computer screens with an icon view to developing the learning enhancement.
- Provide single key access to the other computer; thus, it is hassle-free and user-friendly.
- Allow having the screenshot of another computer with a one-click option.
- Veyon can highlight a particular option and let it share with another computer.
- Integration is possible with the personal network by using the built-in LDAP/AD option.
- Available in multiple languages and offer a commercial solution to serve the purpose.
Edmodo is a digital classroom management software designed by focusing on the students, teachers, and parents to get connected to share documents and materials for different learning courses. It is a congenial platform for students to exchange their thoughts and understanding for a topic.
Features of Edmodo
- Offer a secure and safe intercommunication between people who wish to get engaged in a particular lesson.
- Facilitates open conversation for different queries, questions, answers, and information.
- Parents can stay updated regarding the teaching and learning methods with this integrated computer app.
- Allow customizing the setting for particular students and teachers to serve the specific purpose.
- Capable of working with any classroom, any subject, and with plenty of devices at the same time.
Eliademy is a secure, simple, free, and open-source classroom management software that facilitates creating and sharing the image, videos, documents, and online courses with the learners. It is effective software that allows students and teachers to come closer by exchanging educational views and lessons.
Features of Eliademy
- Facilitates monitoring the task and assignments and creating quizzes within the course for the students.
- Work SlideShare and YouTube; thus, you can copy-paste the link you want to teach the students.
- Personal study calendar you can include for a particular course so that you can finish it on time.
- Notification and messaging system is available; hence, you can let the students know about an important class.
- You can monitor the study progress of students, such as assignments and portfolios for submission.
TeacherEase is specialized in standard-based learning digital classroom management software that is very intuitive and easy to operate to serve the educational purpose. This application is programmed to develop digital education for the learners, specify the pathway for the pupils, and explain the learning progress and data for the students.
Features of TeacherEase
- Offer students to assess their progress and results based on their previous activities.
- Allow learners to grasp their target and provide data to focus on their goal to achieve it.
- Facilitates providing the summative and formative assessment based on their performance.
- TeacherEase can produce grades automatically as well as standard-based report cards and grade books.
- Capable of generating data bank with profound knowledge as well as sharing with the learners.
Insight is a free and open source classroom management software that is simple to operate. This software serves different purposes, such as monitoring classroom activities, promote collaborative learning, and keeping students engaged with their activities. In addition to this, it seamlessly supports multiple labs and offers a plausible learning experience for the teachers.
Features of Insight
- Capable of creating the class list, and it can integrate that class list automatically in the software.
- Demonstrate teacher’s screen activities to all the students to experience the live digital education.
- Facilitates controlling students’ devices and helps monitoring students’ activities at a glance from the classroom.
- Allow displaying a particular student’s computer screen with other students to share the best-earning experience.
- Broadcast features, chat, and audio offer students to communicate with the teacher and other students.
- Enables generating multiple questionnaires and allows students to answer the questions.
6. LanSchool Lite
LaneSchool Lite is a worthwhile and easy-to-use open-source school management system that facilitates students to have a learning experience in a safe and digital environment. It helps the teacher to keep an eye on the students and monitoring their academic progress effectively. This application offers seamless communication between students and teachers.
Features of LanShool Lite
- Facilitates broadcasting teacher screen with the students to execute the best teaching methods in the digital environment.
- Allow the teacher to monitor student’s devices through the teacher’s screen.
- Empower the teacher to lock the students’ screen and keyboard to stop them from distractions.
- It paves the way for sending student’s assignments or checking the progress of students’ activities, thus, saves time.
7. NetSupport School
NetSupport School is free, and open-source school management software expedites controlling monitoring and collaboration between students and teachers. It offers assessment features and allows availing the cut edge technology for the academic learning environment. This application works seamlessly on all types of devices and platforms.
Features of NetSupport School
- Allow teachers to manage and monitor the students’ devices from a centralized device.
- It paves the way for printing and viewing for the students’ device, and the customize icon is available.
- Facilitates transferring teacher’s documents and files to the student’s device.
- Offer real-time information on different issues such as time maintaining and session topic, etc.
- Customized use is possible, like showing the teacher’s screen to the selected student’s device.
- Can steam the audios, videos, and recording from the teacher’s screen to the student’s computers.
8. Netop Vision
Netop Vision is a free and open-source digital classroom management software that enables teachers to accomplish their tasks in less time. It is easy to use yet effective applications with innovative features. It helps the teacher to engage their students in their works without distraction and to grasp it in a short time.
Features of Netop Vision
- Collaborated screen sharing is available; thus, students can share their screen with others.
- A teacher can view the students’ work and share their screen with the selected students.
- Provide access for the teacher to control the students’ devices, and teachers can lock the keyboard.
- Facilitates sharing the same URL with the multiple computer screens in the class for a better learning environment.
OpenSIS is an all-in-one solution for the virtual school, high school, K-12 school, and even for the patients for their healthcare lesson. It is a school information management system where all the data from enrolment to graduation can be stored. All the relevant features regarding the students are available in this application.
Features of OpenSIS
- Customizable; thus, you can create unlimited fields and categories to store all sorts of data.
- Users can generate schedule requests for the groups or single students with this application.
- Allow communication with the parents to share the real-time data and required information.
- Facilitates student’s access to view real-time information regarding grades, attendance, and so on.
- Capable of storing unlimited students’ information in this application.
Fedena is an open-source school management system that mainly focuses on maintaining files and student records. Fedena facilitates accessing unlimited administrative data for the official documents and the vast amount of batches and courses. It is user-friendly and flexible; thus, you can customize it the way you want it.
Features of Fedena
- Featured financial management, a calendar, human resource management, and examination management too.
- Offer students tracking, dashboard, and necessary information that requires the students.
- Students’ and parent’s logins are available, and it facilitates faculty and student management.
- It paves the way for handling students’ admission, faculty messaging, and course management.
feKera is another school management powerhouse, and it is free until the students’ number reaches fifty. It is a modern and effective school management and administration application that performs assignments, exams, internal massaging, and budgeting. A mobile app version is available that also works on tablets and smartphones.
Features of feKara
- The featured facility, financial and library documentation, along with data management.
- Facilitates keeping track of higher education, course, and batch with a one-click option.
- Online calendar and payment, as well as data analysis and reporting, are available in this software.
- One limitation is that the user has to pay a particular amount of money if the students’ number crosses a certain limit.
Gibbon would give you all-in-one experience in terms of school management. It is a free and open-source school management system that does not merely deal with administrative activities but also offers services and features. It offers service on the payroll, staff management, finance, invoicing, and schedule too.
Features of Gibbon
- Provide teaching kinds of stuff such as planner tools, assessments, rubrics as well as grade books.
- Featured clean and user-friendly interface along with the learning curve inherent with this new software system.
- Offer attendance tracking, class management, the timetable for classes, and faculty messaging.
- It is an effective tool for department, library, students, examination, and student management.
13. School Time
If you are running a small size school, for instance, a private school or a preliminary school with less than fifty students, then you can use the free version of School Time digital classroom management software. It does not require a credit card or financial obligation to use the free version; thus, you can install and use it.
Features of School Time
- Featured with exam management, library database, grading system, and board management.
- Allow keeping track of attendance, transportation, and every dormitory documentation.
- Facilitates monitoring timetable for the classes, curriculum update, and faculty messaging.
- It paves the way for keeping eyes on the directories, finance reports, student attendance, and payment gateways.
SchoolTool is an online-based open source school management software that can manage all the issues in a school. It offers many features largely for the teachers that are necessary to run a classroom effectively. SchollTool is programmed with python; therefore, it is secure and can smoothly run on the Linux platform.
Features of SchoolTool
- Features include class attendance sheets, grade books, skill assessment documents, and daily participation journals.
- Offer organizational features such as Google calendar that plugs in the most useful calendar application.
- It enables student tracking, database creating, contact management, and attendance monitoring.
- It lacks human resource management, payment gateway, reporting, and few other administrative features.
15. TS School
TS School is a simple yet powerful school administrative software that is free and open source. It offers all the basic features irrespectively the size of students and faculty numbers. It expedites the management of human resources with its powerful modules, and in addition to that, it offers effective student management systems.
Features of TS School
- Features include inventory, admission database records, and monitoring, as well as a government record.
- Allow attendance tracking, school calendar management, and keeping up-to-date financial reports and transactions.
- It works effectively on staff, class, and user management, along with a timetable for the classes.
- The faculty messaging option is available, as well as exam modules for the teacher.
- Some essentials features are lacking in the upgraded version, such as a report, safety, and development.
RsarioSIS is an easy-to-use, free, flexible, and open-source school management system that works well with multiple or single school setups. It offers to integrate YouTube channels as well as word documents to ensure quality education. It has a user-friendly design, and it works well with the smartphone and tablets too.
Features of RosarioSIS
- Features include school setup, activities, discipline, students, attendance, billing, grades, users, scheduling, food, and service.
- Programmed in PDF generation that expedites student enrolment, continuously updated information, and easy edit mode.
- Allow customizing the fields as you wish, and you can consult and manage the calendar easily.
- The attendance code configurable, and you can access students’ information with a single click option.
- Staff salaries, school financial transactions, and different reports are printable with this software.
- Facilitates creating assignments, manages grades, class timetables, and certificates as well.
OpenEduCat is another complete open source school management system. All the core features are available in this software that is necessary for running a school. This application is available in sixty-five languages along with three hundred modules. Course management and students’ information are integrated with it.
Features of OpeneduCat
- It offers integrated communication, and it paves the way for storing and accessing all the students’ information.
- At a glance, students’ every information from admission to graduation is available in this software.
- It expedites maintaining faculty’s profile, course and classroom schedule, payroll, expenses.
- Provide online enrolment, multiple evaluations, as well as full-time access to the statistical report.
- It smoothes the way of managing time table, transcript, report card, and curriculum, etc.
18. NLET School
NLET School is, to some extent, worthwhile digital classroom management software that capable of performing the size of a school or college irrespectively. This management tool is largely effective because of its increased profitability, comfort, and error-free properties. Automatically it can correct the common human faults.
Features of NLET School
- It is easy to handle, user-friendly, and very intuitive, and in addition to that, it has a smooth interface.
- Offer systematic and organized service; thus, you can chaos-free solution of every relevant issue.
- It paves the way for quick and easy decisions with ease, and it can be updated any day.
- It is greatly beneficial to the parents, in fact, when they want to know the result grades of their kids.
- Facilitates smooth service for the teacher; hence, they can track students’ performance, results, and assignments.
MyClassCampus is a web-based and mobile app-based software that performs on academics and activities for school and college. It can work quickly on organization, effective communication and allow sharing information with every stakeholder. This open-source school management system is a one-click solution tool for the school.
Features of MyClassCampus
- It works on different issues such as academic, admission, accounting, and HR & payroll system.
- MyClassCampus features some essential modules, namely, attendance, examination, document, and financial management.
- Facilitates monitoring courses and batches to keep eyes on the students’ real-time performance.
- Integrated yearly, event calendar, and help desk offer to perform on different issues accordingly.
- It can generate all the weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly reports.
- Allow acting on the collection of the academic fee, outstanding fees managing effectively.
eSchool is a feature enriched and completely free and open source school management system that works effectively for any school, college, and other academic institutions. This applicant is for management, administration, and learning the size of the institution irrespectively. It offers everything from attendance to admission and tests to results.
Features of eScholy
- Offers input different institutional information such as logo, name, and tagline that will display on every printable page.
- Includes an admin portal with every executive power to track, manage, and record everything regarding the school.
- Features a parent and student portal that includes necessary information, for instance, progress report, results, timetable, etc.
- A class management option is available in this software; thus, the teacher can perform everything relevant to the class.
- eSchool provides full support for the exam, from taking the exam to making results, reports, and result cards.
The fourth-mentioned open source school management systems are greatly popular among the users. Indeed, the above-discussed software works very effectively to maintain all the necessary kinds of stuff in a school. Nevertheless, a few of them are incredibly capable of handling the administrative and staff, and students’ related function among the mentioned software.
To run your school smoothly, you can choose the best one based on your necessity. A few of them are required to install on the laptop or computer, whereas the rest of the others can be used just by sign up and log in.
Finally, if you find this article is helpful and worthwhile, please do not forget to share it with your friends and relatives. You might leave your comment to let us know your thought regarding the digital school management software. Even if you find any important software is missing, please let us know through your comment. Thank you for being with us.