You must know that human revolution always goes in its way. On the other hand, software for humanity also follows the same path. It also evolves for something better. Following this precise sequence of evolution, The Linux was born in the hand of master Linus Torvalds. It was free and open to all. From the master, there was a newborn baby called Red hat OS! The new Jedi is so smart and versatile that everyone loved it. The young Jedi is currently ruling over the new era of enterprise and cloud software solution empire. June 26th The new Jedi RedHat celebrated their 25th anniversary. So how it began!
Red hat OS is another Linux distribution like Ubuntu, kale, arch, Gentoo, etc. However, the changing point started when RedHat started to work with enterprise and corporate world. Redhat becomes popular in the enterprise world because of its reliability, and a robust client base custom support. Redhat not only supports clients but also create a support system by developing a certified workforce support ecosystem.
Linux enterprise edition king Redhat is celebrating their 25th anniversary. 25 years! In IT world it’s a long way, and the red hat Jedi positioned itself in the highest rank of it. If you want to dive in the ocean of Linux with Red Hat, you should know these.
1. Red Hat Linux was found in 1990 when Marc Ewing and Bob Young merged two companies. The primary developer and founder Marc Ewing worked with the system, and Bob Young started to enterprising the service to the world. However, the official red hat began on March 26, 1993.
2. Red Hat’s current headquarters is in Raleigh, North Carolina near the campus of NC State University.
3. Famous red hat name and logo came from its founder Marc Ewing. Marc Ewing met with Red hat cofounder Bob young while he was wearing red Cornell University lacrosse hat.
4. The Red Hat first public release was at 1994 with an October release within name Halloween.
5. Red Hat team and community influenced a lot in the open source world. This team contributed more than 450 opensource projects. They participated in all software aspects, from OS to cloud computing projects.
6. Red hat’s current logo introduced in 2000. A shadow man with the red hat is the logo, and it is believed that the shadow man is the beacon of the open source community and he hides under the power of the Red Hat.
7. Red hat introduced its history-changing red hat enterprise Linux (which was formerly called Red Hat Linux Advanced Server) at 2002.
8. For open source community and as well for an organization hosting a summit is a great achievement and red hat first hosted its summit at New Orleans 2005
9. Red hat achieved another milestone by acquiring open-source middleware Provider JBoss in 2006,
10. Since dominating the open source domain, it was necessary for Redhat to have partner conference to understand the need, perspective of clients. Red hat hosted their first partner conference in 2007 with seven partners. Guess now? Red hat has now more than 100 partners around the world.
11. RedHat becomes the first billion dollars open source company in 2012 with annual 1.13 billion revenue. Also, in 2018? Red hat is running for 5 billion yearly income!
12. Red hat introduced its prize for contribution in the opensource for women. “Women in open source” award declared for the first time for the woman who makes participation in the open source world.
13. Do you remember the animation movie Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron? How may I forget this beautiful work from DreamWorks! All these are developed with Redhat Linux. Yes! I have a story to share with my windows friends!
14. Red hat Linux developed several distros for different purpose clients around the world. Worth mentions distros are CentOS, Oracle Linux, ROSA Enterprise Linux Server, Scientific Linux.
15. So why Red Hat Linux is popular in commercial and enterprises? It is most popular because of customs privileges, support from the technical community, an extra security feature for customers, and support for solving software compatibility issue with the help of its vast certified developer.
16. Red Hat has more than 2000 patents and promises to grant a zone of non-execution for over 99% of the free and open source software.
17. The 100 millionth pull request from GitHub took place on May 31, 2017, and it was an update to OpenShift.
18. Red Hat procured IT automation startup Ansible on October 16, 2015.
19. In 2016, a wedding took place on the main platform of Red Hat Summit, directed by the president of products and technologies, Paul Cormier.
20. Red Hat’s popular logo was formed in 2000 and highlights the Shadowman icon, which we believe has become a signal for the open source software movement.
21. In May 2018 Red Hat bought 130 person slim OS and kubernetes company CoreOs for 250 million USD.
22. Red Hat sponsors the Fedora Project, a group-supported free software project that aims to encourage the rapid development of free and open-source software.
23. Red Hat designers operated with the One Laptop per Child initiative to design and build a low-priced laptop and accommodate every child in the society with access to open information, open education, and open learning.
If you are in love with Linux, want to be a Jedi of Linux world, then start learning from the master Red Hat Linux. You can find the force to conquer the world with a Red Hat Enterprise.