If you find your video unable to play or you can not share your video on another platform because the file format does not support it in your media player. You can use a video converter. You may find many video conversion tools on the internet, but all are not actually working perfectly or provide free service. We have compiled a list of free video converters that you can use in your web browser. No installation is needed. You just upload your video on the online converter, configure the output file and export it after conversion is done. The whole process is simple but fast.
Free Online Video Converters
Most time, we need to convert from m4v to mp4. Because mp4 supports all media players. Whether you convert m4v to mp4 or any other video format, you need a video converter. So in this article, we have shortlisted the 12 best online video converters according to their features and usability.
Every video converter listed below is freeware. So you do not need to pay a single penny to use this video converter. We ensure that these 12 free online video converters can fulfill your requirement completely for free. Let’s check it out.
FileZigZag is an all-in-one online converter. It converts any file like documents, images, archives, ebooks, and audio files. Moreover, it can convert video files. You upload a video, then choose the video output and wait a minute to get a download link to download the video. It supports all OS and allows use via web browsers.
- No registration is required. Just browse the website, upload the video, choose the output format and download the video. The overall video conversion process is simple.
- It supports almost all popular video formats. So you can convert your uploaded video to any format that supports it in the media player.
- You can convert your video file without losing video quality.
- All uploaded videos are automatically deleted after 24 hours except the feedback video though this video is also deleted after 30 days. So you are never worried about your uploaded video content being stolen or misused.
- The system is a hundred percent malicious-free. Because it periodically scans the system.
Pros: FileZigZag is easy to use. Though it has a wide range of conversion tools, you can convert any file here without losing the conversion quality.
Cons: However, it can not convert larger than 150 MB. Only 10 videos can be downloaded per day. Moreover, sometimes the site goes down.
02. Online Converter
This free Online Converter is similar to FileZigZag. Because of having varieties conversion tools, this online converter helps you convert from one file format to another easily. Basically, it provides multiple conversion services like audio, video, document, ebook, image, and many more. From the list, select the format that you end up with your result. After that, upload your media from your PC, cloud storage, or URL, tweak editing settings before download the expected media.
- The interface is clean and simple. You don’t need to learn about conversion techniques. Everything is well organized. Just upload your file, tweak your setting and download your desired file format.
- It has a drop-down menu. Navigate the drop-down menu to find out which format is supported by the Online Converter.
- Moreover, there is a search box in the middle right of the home page to check out that your required video format is support or not.
- It is a fully malware-free website. When you download your file, you don’t need to worry about viruses or malware.
- Besides, it has addons for Google Chrome and Firefox Mozilla. Besides, it has an app for both Android and iPhone platforms. So you can use this application in your mobile.
Pros: You can upload files directly from cloud storage. The sound is really great.
Cons: However, you can not save customs presents.
Zamar is a free online video converter that provides an online service to convert the most common video formats. This video converter only allows 2 file conversions per day, and the source file limit is 50MB. It becomes popular to support more than 150 file formats. The simple interface and wide variety for file formats conversion establish a good customer base for file conversion services.
- Zamar works hard to provide conversion service very quickly. It officially claims that it can complete the whole conversion process within 10 minutes.
- You can directly download the output file from the website. You don’t need to provide an email address to receive the output file.
- The user interface is simple and easy to use. Anyone can easily convert the file without taking expert help.
- You can directly convert a video by providing a video link. It supports both uploads from the computer or URL.
- Zamar has a quick response support team. If you face any problem, you can quickly get a solution by contacting the support team.
Pros: Zamar provides personal storage for sending the file to others only for registered users.
Cons: However, it claims to provide a fast conversion service, but the reality is that the waiting time is longer than other online video converters.
Convertio is another free online file conversion solution. It supports more than 300 different file formats for conversion, including video converters. Basically, it is a premium service provider. But it has a free version which is good enough for personal use. You can convert 10 videos per day for free. It is good enough for normal usage. What do you think?
- The file uploading process is easy and fast. Drag and drop your file on the web page or upload from Google Drive, Dropbox or URL easily.
- The video processing algorithm is high quality. So you don’t need to worry about losing quality while converting.
- While you upload a file, it is instantly protected by Convertio security. So nobody can access the video.
- You can convert from m4v to mp4 and other video formats. It supports 3256 video formats, including rare video formats.
- Moreover, it offers full customization of video. It allows to tweak quality, aspect ratio, codec, rotate, flip, and other desired settings easily.
Pros: Convertio supports versatile video formats.
Cons: While it comes to convert big size video, it takes too long a time. The company needs to improve the file processing timing.
Cloudconvert is another web-based browser application to convert video files. It supports the most common video format. It allows converting 25 file conversions per day for free. Besides, it offers a flexible payment option to customize a premium package or subscription based on the requirement. Moreover, it can integrate with third-party applications like QuickBase, Microsoft Office 365, Amazon S3, and more.
- It is an open source software integrated with many popular third-party applications. Thus integration ensures high-quality conversion.
- Cloudconvert has a wide range of conversion options. It supports more than 200 video formats.
- It provides a simple interface and well-documented API to set up the conversion process easily.
- The customer support response very fast to solve any query.
- It ensures high data security. So nobody can access data.
Pros: Cloudconvert allows to directly upload files from cloud storage such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
Cons: The interface looks outdated. Cloudconvert needs to modernize the interface.
06. Video Converter
Video Converter is another free online video converter that quickly streamlines the entire video conversion process. It offers a super easy and simple conversion process. It supports more than 40 most common video formats to convert. Video Converter converts most popular conversions such as MOV, MP4, M4V, MP3, MPEG, FLV. Moreover, it allows picking conversion type and size for a specific social media.
- Video Converter allows uploading files from Google Drive and Dropbox. On the other hand, it allows downloading files to Google Drive and Dropbox.
- The video file is converted on a powerful server which produces fast conversion.
- It allows uploading large files up to 2GB, but free users can upload up to 100 MB.
- When you upload a video, it encodes the uploaded file, and after conversion is complete, it is immediately deleted from the server. So there is no option for unauthorized access to the file.
- In addition, it allows reducing the video size by adjusting the video resolution and audio quality.
Pros: It has a Google Chrome extension. After installing the extension, you can quickly access the service.
Cons: However, it does not allow batch processing.
Convertfiles is an excellent tool to convert files between audio, video, presentation, and texts. It provides a completely free service that allows uploading files up to 250 MB. But it does not provide the upload feature from cloud storage. However, it processes file conversion quickly and sends the download link to the user’s email address.
- Convertfiles allow the uploading of large files compared to other video converters.
- No registration is required. You need to provide your email address to receive the output file.
- The conversion process is simple. First, you go to the site, upload a file from your computer and choose the output file format. After that, you will receive your desired output format in your mail.
- It supports more than three hundred formats, including the most common video format.
- It keeps the converted file 1 hour in its server to confirm that you can easily download the file within the time period.
Pros: The user-friendly interface lets you convert video fast.
Cons: However, Convertfiles does not support cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox uploading features. In addition, it can not allow uploading files from link-sharing websites such as YouTube.
Aconvert’s “A” stands for all. It can process all types of conversion, including video, audio, image, documents, and more. Aconvert user interface is simple and easy to use. You can set video properties like size, bitrate, and frame rate before the video conversion. Besides, you can upload the file from a direct link or cloud storage like Google Drive and Dropbox. Moreover, this converter allows batch processing.
- Aconvert also allows basic video editing such as cropping, cutting, merging, and rotating.
- It has 259 file convert formats, and each has plenty of conversion formats.
- It has a search file format that lets you know whether one format can be converted into another format.
- You can download your output video via scanning a QR code.
- Moreover, you can social media video links to download in a particular video format.
Pros: Aconvert is a 100% free converting tool that allows batch processing and online video conversion.
Cons: However, its conversion settings feature is limited.
FreeConvert is another free online video converter that easily converts your videos m4V to MP4, MKV, and more. It is an excellent video converter to convert video up to 1GB. In addition, it allows setting different video properties like video and audio codec, screen size, frame rate, bitrate, and more. Besides this, you can edit videos like cut, rotate, add subtitles. Furthermore, you can fade in or fade out audio output.
- FreeConvert allows freeing convert large-size video up to 1GB. To convert more than 1GB size video, you need to purchase a premium account.
- FreeConvert also allows batch processing. If you are a pro account user, you can convert 25 files at a time.
- It also allows upload files from cloud storage and URL.
- FreeConvert allows merging more files at a time. A pro account gives access to merge 40 files at a time.
- Besides, It has a video compressor. So you can reduce your video size using this handy tool.
Pros: Freeconvert allows advanced video setting and batch processing.
Cons: However, it can not export files to cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox.
Clipchamp is a cool video converting tool that basically emphasizes converting video for different social media platforms. Because each social media platform maintains a separate video ratio compare to others. So Clipchamp mainly focuses on the different web platforms requirements. So you can select specific resolution, quality of the video output. Moreover, it has an editing tool to enhance the video like trim, rotate, adjust colors.
- You can convert video on different web video platforms without losing video quality.
- The entire video processing takes place on your computer instead of the server. So it is more secure to the chance of data pass.
- It allows exporting high-quality video, even export in 4K resolution video. Moreover, it has a nice feature to export files directly to any video sharing or social media site.
- There is no limit for upload video size. You can upload big size data videos.
- If you need to process multiple videos, you can convert all videos at a time.
- Moreover, you can record videos using your webcam and convert them.
Pros: Clipchamp allows all video converting features. In addition, it allows some exclusive features like webcam video recording, no limit uploading input video, etc.
Cons: However, Clipchamp’s free version is limited to use. It only allows to output 480p video.
11. Convert Video Online (123Apps)
Convert Video Online is developed by 123Apps. This free online video converter can change the video resolution, size of the video. It processes the video conversion in a high-performing server that allows converting video within a short time. Moreover, it can process large files to convert. The maximum input video size is 4GB. However, the free user can upload up to 1GB. Moreover, the free user can process 10 files per day.
- Convert Video Online supports more than 300 formats for conversion. So you can convert any file.
- It allows batch processing. It permits convert multiple files at a time.
- Moreover, you can adjust video properties like video resolution, audio, and video codec and select the approximate file size to export output.
- No sign-up is required. Just visit the website, upload your input video, configure the output setting, and export the output file. The whole process is easy to use.
- The file is deleted automatically after few hours. So nobody can access the file.
Pros: If you need to convert large size video files, you can use Convert Video Online.
Cons: While you upload a large size, you have experienced a longer processing time. It does not perform well in processing large files.
OnlineVideoConverter is not only a video converter but also a youtube downloader. Copy the YouTube link and paste it to the OnlineVideoConverter to convert the video. With OnlineVideoConverter, you can download video from any social media site like Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, or other sites. However, it supports the most popular video input. On the other hand, it can only export the video in AVI, MP4, or MP3.
- OnlineVideoConverter designs simple video process techniques. Just upload and then download. You do not need to set extra configurations.
- The conversion process is performed quickly. The output file is ready within a minute. Though, the large size file takes time for the process.
- It allows downloading files directly from the hosting video website.
- No registration is required. You can directly convert the file and download it in a minute.
- It allows uploading files from a local drive or direct links. It does not support upload from cloud storage.
Pros: If you are looking for YouTube download plus video converter, you can pick OnlineVideoConverter.
Cons: However, it is a basic video converter site. It does not support batch processing, video configuration services.
So, we have covered 12 free online video converters that are good enough to meet your normal video conversion requirement. You can choose anyone from the above list. This is trusted to convert video for free.
Though every site also has a pro account. But we recommend you test the free version before subscribing to the premium account. If you are satisfied with the free version service, you may upgrade to the free online video converter package.
If you are looking for batch video processing, you can pick anyone from Clipchamp, Convert Video Online, Aconvert, or FreeConvert. Furthermore, you may choose either Convert Video Online or FreeConvert for process large files. On the other hand, CloudConvert is the best choice for processing more files in a day. This site allows converting 25 files per day.
Online video converter is an excellent solution for immediate video conversion. But while you upload files or download files from the internet, you may be more concerned about security. Before using a video converting service from the web, you must ensure that the website is safe.
We can pick anyone from the dozen listed online video converter. We ensured that this list could fulfill your normal usage requirement. Please test the online video converter and inform us of the best service provider according to your user experience.
Apart from the list, if you may find an alternative free online video converter, do not forget to share the website name in the comment box. Finally, if you think this article is helpful, you must share this article on social media sites.