OpenShot video editor is one of the best user-friendly and featured packed open source video editing software. It’s completely free and very easy to use. Jonathan Thomas is the designer and programmer of this beautiful and effective video editor. He is very much responsive to the users’ feedback, and he makes changes accordingly. That is why this piece of software has become so popular and made many enthusiastic followers in the Linux world.
Features of OpenShot Video Editor
- It provides the options to display audio waveforms on clips, swap audio files which help to adjust the volume of specific audio channels, remove certain channels, or fix the audio drift
- Improve property editing is one of the best features that make this software stand out from others. Drag and drop options and right-click facility provides a lot more functions to make the video editing more sophisticated
- New Selection drops down menu at the above of property editor
- Users can define and pre-configure the keyword mapping as per need
- Dragging, resizing, or adding the files on the project timeline is much easier now
- New tutorials system is included for the new user to get accustomed to the software
- And there are a lot more functions available that will make a user professional in video editing
OpenShot 2.4.2 release highlights
- 7 New Effects (Crop, Hue, Color Shift, Pixelate, Bars, Wave, Shift)
- Auto audio mixing strategy per clip (average, reduce, or none)
- Auto-Rotates any Clip with Reader metadata ‘rotate’ attribute.
- Experimental codecs are now supported in FFmpeg/libav.
- Many improvements for Audio playback, stability, export dialog, etc.
- And numerous bug-fixes. See release note for details.
How to Install OpenShot Video Editor
OpenShot video editor can be installed via PPA on Ubuntu, Linux Mint, and other Ubuntu derivatives.
Terminal Command Installation
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openshot.developers/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openshot-qt libopenshot*
Remove The OpenShot Video Editor
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove openshot-qt
Mind if you do me a sweet favor and tap the Social Share Button if you learned something new? It’d mean so much to me.
Thanks again for spending part of your day here. Hope to see you come back. 🙂