Are you a C or C++ programmer? If yes, you must be familiar with the CodeBlocks. CodeBlocks is an open source, free, cross-platform IDE for the C, C++ and FORTRAN programmers and developers. If you’re new in this field, then let us inform you that CodeBlocks is entirely free for everyone to download, install and use it. Computer users with Linux, Windows, and Mac operating system can easily use this IDE. It warmly welcomes and inspires the beginners with the manual.
A tabbed interface and class browser comes along with the CodeBlocks. You can use plugins to extend its functions. It already provides debugging and compiling via plugins. This is such an amazing customizable and extensible IDE just like you need to develop your program. There is no need for any proprietary libraries or interpreted languages. It’s written in C++. You’re going to love this as you’ll have massive control over your code. CodeBlocks also comes with code folding, keyboard shortcut, a to-do list management panel, and smart indentation.
Important Features of CodeBlocks IDE
- Available document manual in 3 languages: English, German and French.
- Supports HTML, CHM and PDF formats to download the manual.
- Imports MSVC projects, Dev-C++ projects, and workspaces.
- Supports multiple compilers like Borland C++ 5.5, Clang, GCC(MinGW / GNU-GCC), Open Watcom, Digital Mars, MSVC++, and so on.
- GPU registers view option.
- Combines multiple projects through workspaces.
- Allows high customization and extensions.
- Comes with documentation, installation and plugin usage like Wiki.
- Supports breakpoints.
- Anytime switching between threads.
- Allows swapping between .c/.cpp and .h using one-key.
- Supports custom memory dump, disassembly, call stack, and watches defined by users.
- Offers custom and parallel build support.
- How To Install Software in Ubuntu Linux: A Complete Guide for Newbie
- Best Linux Code Editor: Top 10 Reviewed and Compared
Dear beginners, you don’t need to hesitate using this IDE. Believe us, and it’s really going to be great. CodeBlocks is very easy to use. You just need to go step by step and maintain the process.
If you have any question, you can certainly ask for help. It also allows you to discuss with other developers, follow the announcements and plugin developments.
Please, let us know about your experience with CodeBlocks and any suggestion you have. Go to the comment section below and drop your comment. And if this article is helpful, feel free to share this in social media.