Geany has brought a new solution for those who are in search of a good IDE – an integrated development environment. So, let’s say hello to Geany, one of the best Linux code editors and a great IDE. It is a very flexible, powerful and cross-platform text editor, especially for Linux users. Most significantly, it has a great essence for the desktop users for various Linux software and application development.
Main Features of Geany
This IDE is a very powerful, fast, clean and lightweight. It has comparatively less dependency, unlike many other IDEs. Because, it is completely independent of different desktop environments like GNOME, KDE, LXDE, Xfce etc. It also supports C, C++, Java, PHP, Python, and many other programming languages. Besides, except Linux, it is also possible to operate it through Freebsd, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS, Solaris Express, Windows and others with GTK libraries support. However, let’s have a look at the basic principles of this code editor.
• With it, you will get it very easy to build or develop software for comparatively complicated projects with the included external blue system.
• Only one click or press is enough to check the syntax of the programming language with Geany.
• It includes crowd-sourced wiki along with the plugin API documentation.
• As an amazing code editor, Geany includes auto-indent, syntax-highlighting, auto-completion of HTML and XML tag etc.
• An extensive user manual is also available for the Geany users.
• The supportive and simplistic settings will always let you use and customize it very fast and easily.
• This app is clean and always ready to provide more space for new applications.
• It contains basic plugin systems like the class builder, export file browsers, HTML characters, save actions, split window etc.
You can download or install Geany in any Linux distros from the official tutorial page.
I hope you have found Geany useful for your Linux system as text or code editor. Though there are many Linux code or text editors available in the market which also offers various features, still Geany can be an effective one for any project. Now, let me help you if you have any question or suggestion about this great programme editor and IDE. Please, keep in touch with us by providing your feedback and comments.
it look like 90s era of IDE, who will use it anyway, there are a lot of better IDE out there, like vscode or c9