Whether you are using an Android, iOS, Mac, or Windows, a security app is a must for the protection of your device. A security app doesn’t stand for only a particular task but it can deal with a good number of essential tasks like providing privacy for your apps, antivirus, call blockers, anti-theft protection, VPN modes, and so on. These all are very necessary for your device. So, if you want to try some best security apps for Android then you are in the right place.
There are a lot of security apps available on the Google Play Store. which is used to secure your Android Device. To help you choose the best, we have listed some of the best Android security apps for your smartphone.
Best Security Apps for Android
Here, I have made a list of top 10 best security apps for Android that you can get fully for free. You can choose any one of them judging their capability. For your easements, I have added the features of those apps with a tiny description as usual. Hopefully, you will soon get the right app for you and enjoy endless security services.
1. Security Master – Antivirus, VPN, AppLock, Booster
Antivirus and security apps are a must for any smart device. For any android device, Security Master is a perfect companion for its total maintenance and welfare. Not all Android devices come with built-in security software and most of them would lack the features as it integrates.
- Provides more features than just antivirus, and protects your devices from overuse.
- Includes file cleaning, junk management, and battery-saving facilities.
- Integrated with VPN functionality and real-time WiFi network security.
- Includes file lock, AppLock, and also message protection for optimal privacy with the password manager.
- Offers intelligent diagnosis and anti-theft alarm for your mobile device protection.
2. Clean Master – Antivirus, AppLock, Cleaner
If you are looking for an all in one security software for your Android devices then Clean Master will be a perfect choice. It is equipped with beautiful system UI and provides cutting edge technologies to make your mobile device faster and more secure from unwanted issues.
- Provides Junk cleaner or junk file cleaner for an overall faster system.
- Includes smart scanning and cleans viruses from the device with complete protection.
- It offers one-click boosting and functional battery saving for longer and smooth use.
- Integrated with game-boosting functionality for great performance while you play the popular Android games.
- Provides intelligent charging options and AppLock functionality for top-notch privacy management.
3. AVG Antivirus
Antivirus and malware protection while giving you complete device maintaining is good to have in one place. AVG Antivirus is an all in one security app providing complete protection from cyber threats and privacy both online and offline for your Android devices. It is free to download and offers a lot of premium functions in a beautiful system interface.
- Provides personal protection and AppLock functionality for optimum privacy.
- Keeps your devices free from viruses and malware along with WiFi network security.
- Offers device boost and file cleaning functionality for smooth and uninterrupted performance.
- Provides VPN features, data checking and speed meter for your convenience.
- Includes call blocker functionality and anti-theft alarm integration, it also offers device location pinpointing through Google maps.
4. CM Locker – Security Lockscreen
A personalized lock screen with security and privacy features is good to have. CM Locker is one of the very few apps that is equipped with top-notch privacy settings and anti-theft functionality. It offers high definition wallpapers and themes to make you Lockscreen interesting.
- It offers amazing Lockscreen with pin and pattern lock support along with beautiful themes.
- Includes fully customizable Lockscreen themes and styles to make your phone always interesting.
- Provides anti-theft alarm functions and intruder selfies to inform you who tried to unlock your device.
- It offers interactive notifications and instant access to different apps such as messaging, photos, camera, and caller ID.
- Provides complete control and short cuts for different apps and also provides weather information.
AppLock is one of the most-used security apps for Android. It is mainly used to protect the apps you used in your Android by setting privacy. You can use passwords, patterns, and fingerprints. You can keep your Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, YouTube account safe and private by using secure privacy. However, you can see other features of this app below.
- You can hide pictures, videos, songs, and other things.
- You can use a password, pattern, and fingerprint protection for each and every app of your phone.
- Includes a lot of amazing themes.
- There are options for using random keyboard tools.
- There is a quick-lock system and you can block incoming calls too.
- Hidden camera tools and auto-lock and unlock.
It is a fact great luck that the best security app for Windows and Mac has now brought for Android. It is CCleaner. You can use it for your Android’s security. There a lot of useful tasks you can deal with this app. Again, it is clean and optimized for speed. It is even enough to keep your phone free from getting attacked by the virus as well as secure it.
- You can clean the ram, screen system, browsers, and other operations using it.
- It is good to remove junk and clean your phone memory.
- It is useful for finding apps that absorb more data.
- It works as a battery saver by finding the apps that use most of it.
- Includes systems to uninstall multiple apps that are not necessary just with one click.
7. Avast Antivirus
Meet another great antivirus app, Avast Antivirus. To be true, it is one of the most trusted security apps for Android. It is actually used to get notified when to get attacked by any spyware and adware. There are also a handful of very essential features of this app.
- It will save your phone from infected SMS, email, apps, and so on.
- You can keep your browsing private by activating it’s VPN mode.
- There are call blockers, Anti-theft, photo vault, and so on.
- It will also work as a ram booster, virus cleaner, and internet security.
- Works great as speed booster and power saver.
8. Kaspersky Mobile antivirus
Meet another free and stunning Android security app, Kaspersky Mobile antivirus which you can download, use, and upload for free. It is safe and secures. Also, it is very easy to use and you can use it for multiple security operations. However, here I have added the most important features of this app so that you can be sure whether to use it or not.
- It includes the anti-theft technology that will help you find your phone when to lose it.
- It has anti-phishing technology that will help you secure your financial information when to shop online.
- It will work as the greatest anti-virus apps to keep it secure.
- The auto-lock and unlock system are also included.
- It will filter the files and operations with junks.
9. Power Security
Are you being much disturbed by unwanted advertise and spasms? If yes, then try Power Security, one of the most stunning security apps for Android. It is very easy to use and protective. You can use it for a lot of useful tasks that are listed below for you to be more specific of it.
- It will secure your Android device from any kind of virus and interference.
- It will always detect and block the data sources that are unsafe.
- You will get relief from each and every spam calls.
- Will help you to escape unwanted and misleading advertisements.
- It will help you to free space in your phone memory and make it light.
- It will protect almost all the apps by creating privacy with passwords, patterns, and fingerprints.
10. Norton Security and Antivirus
I wonder who doesn’t have heard about Norton Security and Antivirus. It is one of the most used Android security services. Not just for Android, it will also work for Windows. However, it is safe and with a lot of useful features. It has an extra advantageous premium version that costs some money thought it is not compulsory. Let’s check what it will provide.
- It will scan and detect the apps and files that includes virus and junks.
- It can protect your device from all kinds of malware, spyware, and viruses.
- It provides options for safe search engine protector and browsing.
- You can enjoy call blocker and apps protectors using it.
- By tracking location, it will help you to find your lost phone.
- It has battery saving and data saver modes too.
11. Systweak Anti Malware
One of the most dangerous threats to a smartphone is malware and malicious content. To ensure that your system is protected from them, it is recommended to have an Anti Malware app to secure your Android device. What app is better than Systweak Anti Malware. Let’s look at the features of the app:
- It provides real-time protection from any harmful application that enters your smartphone.
- It scans your internal memory and SD card for suspicious files.
- You can whitelist your trusted app.
- It enables you to perform deep and quick scan to scour all the infections.
If you have a couple of accounts be it social media or mail accounts, you might tend to forget the passwords now and then. Well, not anymore. With LastPass – the best password manager, you can save your passwords in a secret vault. Let’s look at the features of the app:
- It allows you to protect all your passwords with a fingerprint or a password.
- It manages all your passwords easily.
- It has a feature to autofill all your passwords and personal info so that you don’t have to type it all.
- It has a password generator that helps you to generate your unique passwords.
It seems that World revolves around the internet. Managing your data usage is tough. However, with an efficient app, you can track and manage the data usage. One of the best apps for tracking data usage is GlassWire. Let’s look at the features of the app:
- The app notifies you about the data usage and saves your money.
- It shows a real-time graph of the apps using WiFi or mobile data.
- It also has a Speed Meter on the notification tray which shows the speed of the data spent.
- It also keeps you protect and secure your Android phone from suspicious app activity with network monitoring statistics.
14. Firefox Focus
Everyone needs privacy while browsing the Internet. If you want to make sure that your browsing history stays protected, use Firefox Focus. It is a browser that has an incognito mode on always. Let’s look at the features of the app:
- It erases the trail on the internet such as History, cookies, and passwords.
- It blocks a huge range of common Web trackers without any settings.
- It lets you experience the delight of private browsing.
- It doesn’t log your activities for a longer time.
Smartphones have become an integral part of our lives. As we live and breathe, we use smartphones. As it is essential for us, we have to keep them safe and secure. Ensuring security doesn’t always mean installing Anti Malware and AntiVirus apps, but it also includes other apps that make our Android device secure.
Now, the choice is completely upon you. After thinking about your needs, I hope, you will easily find the Android security apps that will help you the most. Still, if you are confused about which one to choose, I can help you a bit. If you want a virus cleaning app, then you can try Kaspersky Mobile antivirus or Clean Master. For your apps’ security, you can try Avast Antivirus or AppLock. And for all purposes, Security Master and CCleaner will be the best.
Hopefully, you have now, no confusion left. But if you need some help, then you can knock me. Thank you in advance.