Those who are city dwellers are most often fond of gardening inside their homes or on the veranda. But gardening is not easy, and making a garden, not on the surface ground, is much harder. In this case, everything should be done systemically. Again, many tasks, like sowing, harvesting, identifying seeds, plants, etc., are quite complicated, and you need some experience or help.
So, thinking about you, I have collected the best gardening apps for Android and made a list of 10 of those apps.
Best Gardening Apps for Android
All of these apps are free and informative. While checking about them, I have found that each of them is essential for gardening and easy to use. Android play store has listed millions of apps, so you will get tons of apps on gardening. But we know that every single app is not that popular and innovative.
So, I think it will be easy for you to pick a good one if I shorten the list of the best gardening apps for Android. So, best of luck.
1. Sowing Calendar – Gardening
Now, I will introduce an app that will guide and inform you of many factors in your gardening. Sowing Calendar – Gardening is one of the best free apps in the play store dedicated to gardening. It will help you remember all the good ways, the best time for sowing, and other essential facts. Let’s dig into its main features in the next section.
- Helps you in gardening year-round by working as a calendar app.
- Provides all the information you need to sow different vegetables and flowers.
- Includes suggestions for the sowing period that suits your climate and region.
- Gives notification for the sowing period and harvest time.
- Integrates note-taking options for the individual use case.
- Full data and nutrition charts are also provided.
2. Moon & Garden
If you have a hobby of making a garden in your living place, this app will help you. It is the right gardening and sowing guide app for you. So, meet Moon & Garden, one of the best gardening apps for Android you will find in the play store for maintaining your organic home garden at ease.
Let’s look into its key features in the following part. It will ensure you whether or not it will help you.
- Includes the lunar calendar, as plants are vastly dependent upon the moon.
- Suggests proper sowing time and guides you in making your organic garden.
- Provides appropriate suggestions for sowing, replotting, and harvesting period as needed.
- Includes individual note-taking option for your gardening records.
- Gives regional weather reports and suggests the best possible plans.
3. Plantix – Grow Smart
Plantix – Grow Smart is another excellent option for you if you are a hobby gardener. It is one of the best gardening apps for Android. It will show you how to sow plants and grow them perfectly. It is like a community, so you can discuss your problem with others. Also, a lot of stunning features are here. Let’s meet them in short.
- Will work as a great problem solver for you in making your own garden.
- You can ask questions and get solutions from lots of experts.
- Provides each and every idea and tip to make a nice garden.
- Have tips for the most popular crops around the world.
- An internet connection is required to use the app.
- You can share pictures of your plants to discuss them.
4. Agrobase – weed, disease, insect
Meet another popular gardening app that will come as a great help for you in your garden. It is Agrobase – weed, disease, insect. This is a great app as it will provide you with all the necessary tips to grow your plants perfectly—the ways to sow, grow, and protect them from insects and plant diseases. However, let’s see what it will offer.
- It provides the importance of sowing and growing plants at home and outdoors.
- You will get tips to protect your plants from insects and diseases.
- Teach you how to use pesticides for which plants.
- It can help you to identify the weed.
- You will get tips for plants of almost all categories, like flowers, vegetables, fruits, and others.
- As it is a WooCommerce-supported app, you can buy things related to gardening using it.
5. PlantSnap – Identify Plants, Flowers, Trees & More
If you think gardening is the best way to pass your leisure time, then you can use PlantSnap – Identify Plants, Flowers, Trees & More. It is a very easy-to-use, helpful, and friendly app that will help you make a great garden.
Following most of its user’s reviews, it is one of the best gardening apps for Android. It also comes with a significant number of amazing features. Let’s see how it will help you.
- You can identify almost all kinds of trees, like medicine, herbs, fruits, vegetables, flowers, and so on.
- You can just take pictures of your plants and put them in the app to show you their details.
- It is effortless to use and lightweight.
- It requires no fees or registration.
- It will provide you with lots of essential tips and advice on gardening.
6. Gardroid – Vegetable Garden
Say hello to Gardroid – Vegetable Garden, another one of the best gardening apps for Android. It is the best solution if you like to make a kitchen garden to get fresh vegetables and herbs. It includes a lot of tips, support, and facilities. If you are interested in it, I suggest you glance over this app’s facilities.
- Show you the time to sow and harvest.
- You can get sufficient help, tips, and guides to have a better garden.
- Provides information about temperature and other necessary things.
- You can note down your planting activities here.
- Provide you with a planting calculator and calendar.
- Includes information about the most popular herbs, vegetables, fruits, and flower plants.
7. Green Fingers
Let’s meet another one of the best gardening apps for Android, Green Finger. It is really a very helpful and user-friendly app that will make your gardening period awesome and easy. You will get almost all the necessary tips and tricks to get good plants and fruits. Also, a good number of essential features are available in this app. Let’s meet them in short.
- Will help you identify different seeds and plants.
- Will help you differentiate different flowers.
- Offer a gardening diary to track the development of your plants.
- Provides you with an alarm and calculates to inform you to take care of your garden.
- It is like a community, so you will make many friends.
- Provides questions, answers section, and helpful tips.
8. Garden Organizer
If you are looking for a good gardening app as your guide, you are on the right track; I will introduce you to the Garden Organizer, one of the best gardening apps for android. It will help you at any time for anything you need a guide in your gardening. Let’s dig into its main features in the following section. It will make you more specific.
- Offers you an easy interface for your convenience.
- Includes the note-taking option for better management of your garden.
- Provides plant and vegetation information and can be personalized if needed.
- Includes a lot of nutritional information for different vegetables.
- Integrated with the moon calendar for better management and optimal plant growth.
- Provides a helpful virtual plot system as a personalized guide.
9. Plant Diary
Plant Dairy is one of the best gardening apps for Android users you can find in the play store. This will certainly help you make your ultimate garden. It will make your task easy and effective. Let’s check out some of the key features in the following part.
- Helps you track your plant’s health and well-being so that you can be able to form a beautiful garden.
- Includes a reminder for your garden hours and watering periods and includes a calendar for your garden.
- Offers scheduling options for your convenience.
- Integrated with note-taking, the option for plant health and expenses.
- Includes an image tracking option for your plants.
- Provides you with all the necessary tips and tactics to make a better garden.
10. Garden Design Ideas
You must know that gardening is not a very easy task. Here, I have an app to introduce you that may help you handle those tasks instantly.
Now, stop following the backdated gardening ways and think smartly with Garden Design Ideas. Choose your garden style from a variety of options and start working for it according to the easy-to-follow type guidelines.
The plants need extra care and need to be watered every day. This app guides you through all the steps you need to make a perfect garden. Besides, it will teach you all the basic guidelines to make a beautiful garden.
- Share your garden pictures with your friends and see that of others.
- Set the pictures as your wallpaper from the app.
- Here you can get detailed information about every topic regarding gardening.
- Almost a dozen of ideas and landscape gardening information.
- An advanced and reliable user interface that will never let you get bored.
11. Planter – Garden Planner
Are you struggling with planting in your garden? This app will help you to handle all your gardening tasks properly. With Planter, you can align and design your garden just like you wish.
It makes a layout for your garden. Its intelligent interface makes it easy to choose your particular planting plan. With this app, you can design your garden’s look.
You can get a wide variety of plant selections with their details and the direction to plant them. Gardening is not only about planting trees; they should be taken care of.
This app will give you enough information to keep your plants in good condition through suggestions like watering time intervals and choosing and applying fertilizer.
- Include your favorite plant anytime in your garden design.
- Schedule for watering your planting trees.
- Gardening layout into the square-foot dimensions.
- Add custom plants if your favorite plants are not included.
- More than 50 fruit and vegetable plants and adding more every day.
12. DIY Gardening Tips
In gardening at home, we often face a variety of problems. You can try DIY Gardening tips to get the proper solution to those problems.
This supportive gardening app for your Android device will guide you on when to water them or give fertilizer and how. This app will give you instructions about planting vegetables or flowers separately. Also, it includes many gardening designs. That makes your garden glow more.
Besides, it will help you make a colorful garden and even a landscape to demonstrate the method. With its smart and advanced interface, you just need to start with this app and slide through the designs.
- You will find detailed information about your plants and other factors.
- No matter if you don’t know English well. Supports multiple languages.
- Quick share button to share your works with your friends.
- Saves your time with the quicksave button.
- Wide variety of vegetables and flower planting ideas to choose from.
Waterbot is a fully automated gardening app for Android users. The best part of this app is that it will always push you to regularly water the plants.
It works for all sorts of plants. With this supportive app, you will be able to handle all your gardening tasks properly. You can also motivate the other users of this app. You have to pick up the plant, take a picture, and share it with them.
As soon as you input the picture in the app, it will set an interval of watering time. It can detect the plant type and suggest it to you accordingly.
- This app will keep track of your plants at home.
- Marks watered plants as watered so that you don’t water them twice.
- You can create a flower avatar using your phone camera.
- The smart and unique design brings a satisfying user experience.
- Receive a notification whenever your plants are watered or need to be watered.
14. Urban Veggie Garden
If you want to plant vegetables in your house in a systemic way, then use Urban Veggie Garden. It will be the right choice for you because you will find a lot of gardening tips and effective tricks.
Besides, this app will keep you updated with the latest technologies. You can now choose from a huge collection of vegetables and plant them in your garden. This app will tell you everything you should do to plant them properly.
Also, the user-friendly interface will make everything easier for you to understand and follow. So, from now on, eat fresh vegetables every day and stay healthy.
- This app has expert tips for you to get optimal results.
- Online doubt chats with experts and explains your problems with proper explanations.
- It has plenty of vegetables and flowers that you can select to plant.
- Many video tutorials with the demonstration will help you properly understand planting programs.
- This app will also show you the nutrition level of every plant.
15. Agrio – Protect your Crops
Another option for you is Agrio. It is a very popular and informative planting and gardening app that will provide you with all your necessary gardening tips and information. Here you can get everything you need to start an indoor or outdoor plantation, from seeds to pots.
Plating tips and the use of different Planting kits and technologies will be detailed and described in this app. So, it won’t be a problem for you anymore to successfully handle your garden.
- Notify you about the planting tasks.
- Belp you make the solution of all your problems with the expertises’ explanation.
- Direct chat with the experts will help you find the solution instantly.
- A community of huge people and tons of experts will be there, and you can join the community.
- Very user-friendly interface and advanced settings.
16. Small Garden Ideas
For passionate home garden lovers, I have an app to introduce you to. It is a Small Garden Idea. The best part of this app is its setting and section. Here, you will find gardening tips and tricks.
Also, it will show you the way to serve the plants and keep them alive. Also, it will give you the best ideas to start a small but beautiful garden. This app will show you the designs and the types of flowers you can choose to plant.
It has a wide variety of choices for garden layouts in small congested places. Besides, the detailed designs in this app will help you make a small garden with lots of benefits.
- A big collection of landscape designs for your gardens according to your size.
- Graphical representation of the garden to have a clear view.
- You can consult an expert with its forum instantly.
- It has a video representation of every single step of making a garden.
- Share your selected designs with your friends for their opinion.
17. Garden Tags
I have another option for you. It is Garden Tags. You can try this app if you face lots of problems regarding the same factor, gardening. It is a fact that sometimes we want to make a beautiful garden on our balcony or rooftop, but facing a lot of problems with it.
This app will bring all the solutions with expert advice on this. You will learn the way to plant properly and all other necessary instructions. These will make your garden something beautiful and beneficial.
- A lot of expert suggestions to make something better.
- All essential tips and instructions are there for you.
- The use of all necessary kits and technology will be described.
- Ways to water the plants are also mentioned in the app.
- Very fast working app with easy settings.
18. Garden Manager: Plant Alarm
Meet another supportive gardening app for your Android that will never let you miss watering your plants. It is the Garden Manager.
To true this app will work just like your manager to protect and take care of your garden. Using this app is easy, and there are a lot of gardening instructions in it.
Also, the features and functions are enough for you to make a proper home garden. The best part of this app is its reminder approach which will notify you about watering your plants. So, everything will be taken care of very systematically.
- It will give an alarm and want to know if you have watered your plants.
- There are a lot of essential tips and tricks you can follow to make a proper garden.
- When you cannot solve any problem regarding your garden, just inform the expert’s section for help.
- Beautiful theme and background.
- You can share photos of your garden to motivate others.
19. Seeds – Planting Vegetable Flowers Garden
It is not very easy to spread a plant out of a seed. And we all know that. The proper way to plant the seed and take care of the soil and baby plants is essential here.
At the same time, you have to know what kind of seed and soil you need to combine for a better result. For all this confusion, you can use just one app.
It is Seeds. It is the last app on today’s list and another popular gardening app for your Android device. Using this app can be a very good idea for you if you want to grow plants properly.
- It is like a comprehensive guide for new gardeners.
- Provide you with all the necessary gardening tips.
- Show you the way to plant a seed and grow crops properly.
- You ask experts’ suggestions in case you need them.
- Video tutorials and image-uploading options are available.
Have you already picked up the app that will be well-suited for you? If yes, then let me know which one you are selecting. Don’t get confused if you still don’t make up your mind. I think it is not tough to find the good one for you if you see these apps’ features and are aware of exactly what type of functions you are looking for. So, look over the best gardening apps for Android again and make an awesome garden. Thank you for staying with us.