We are all busy with the daily schedule of our life. Every day we have to deal with different types of events such as birthdays of friends, presentations, parties, concerts, and many more. In this busy schedule, it is not easy to remember the events. However, we all have a common friend these days. And that is our smartphone. You can easily use your Android phone to get rid of this problem. For that, you have to use the best calendar apps for Android.
There are many calendar apps on the Play Store that help you with the reminder function. You can take advantage of the calendar app to keep track of your personal, family, work, and education-related events. Today I am going to list down the top 20 best calendar apps you can use for free on your Android device.
Best Calendar Apps for Android Devices
While listing the apps, we prioritized the most useful and reliable calendar apps for Android. Most of these apps provide functions like planners, agendas, public holidays, and many more. You can easily create and share your events with other people.
Moreover, these apps provide the basic functionalities of a calendar. However, it will be best if you spend a few minutes reading out the details of each app. It’s because all of them are not the same; you should select the one that is the best pick for you.
1. Google Calendar
Google Calendar is the most popular calendar app for Android. This official calendar app from Google allows you to save time. The Google Calendar app is very intuitive to use. Important events such as birthdays, ceremonies, and others are automatically synchronized.
Not only this, restaurant, flight, and concert bookings are also saved on the calendar, and you can also add personal goals to make yourself more productive. In a nutshell, it is an all-in-one calendar app that assists you in your daily schedule.
- You can view the calendar in different ways.
- It will remind you about the events you have.
- You can add personal goals to achieve.
- Automatically synchronizes the event from Gmail.
- Change the event day simply by pressing & holding down on that event.
- You can set the location of the event.
2. DigiCal Calendar Agenda
DigiCal Calendar Agenda is another popular and highly-rated calendar app. It is fully loaded with useful features at your disposal. The clean and sleek design will insist you love this app. One of the great things about this app is that it notifies you about the 560k+ govt and public holidays.
So it helps you with the public holiday no matter which country you belong to. Moreover, it has lots of other features, such as built-in searching for a location, weather forecasts, and many others.
- There are multiple calendar views, and you can choose your preferred one.
- It lets you view the local calendar without syncing.
- You will get weather forecasting every day and in the future weeks.
- This app also comes with calendar gadgets.
- More than 40 theme colors are available here.
- It lets you customize the snooze option as you wish.
3. Business Calendar 2
Do you want a calendar app that will take care of your everyday appointments and tasks? If so, then you should download and install Business Calendar 2. It offers tons of features, including a task manager, live search agenda, and many more.
One feature that differentiates this calendar app from other apps is the event planner. Also, you can create and share an event with others. Moreover, this app allows you to zoom the days so you can view the events clearly.
- Easy navigation between days, weeks, and months.
- The event can be viewed as text or a bar.
- A quick glance at events in the popup.
- Contains holidays in 58 countries.
- You can share the events with other media.
- Allows recurring events without restrictions.
4. Business Calendar Free
If you want a simple yet feature-rich calendar app, then you can use Business Calendar Free calendar apps for Android. It provides you with the basic functionalities of a calendar with the best user experience. You can quickly create and edit events through this app.
Moreover, this calendar app will notify you of the events. It also comes with a premium version with more exciting features. You won’t be disappointed by using this app, as it received thousands of positive ratings from users.
- It provides the basic functionalities of a calendar.
- This multifunctional app reminds you of the event’s date.
- You can password-protect the app.
- Can show the event status if needed.
- Users can set the priority of events manually.
5. Calendar – Reminder, ToDos
Calendar – Reminder, ToDos is a useful calendar app. It offers as many features as any best calendar app should provide. This app helps you to remind the public holidays so that you can make a plan before the holidays. Moreover, it can connect to your Google Account and synchronize events. It also comes with an Android widget that you can add to your home screen freely. Additionally, you can schedule appointments for different time zones.
- You will get a powerful, all-in-one view of all your events.
- This useful reminder app provides a lifestyle, finance, and public holiday calendar.
- It helps you to celebrate your friend’s birthday.
- Comprehensive representation and easy-to-manage daily to-dos.
- You can keep track of your to-dos easily.
- With this app, you can sync data from Google Calendar in real-time.
6. aCalendar – Android Calendar
Here is another wonderful yet best free calendar app for Android. This app is called aCalendar – Android Calendar. The design of the app is very intuitive and sleek. You can easily navigate from one view to another view through the interface. The app has different color skins that will free you from boredom. Furthermore, it comes with 7 powerful widgets that you can add to your home screen.
- Easily navigate through days, weeks, months, and agendas.
- Comes with lots of customized designs.
- You can manage Google Calendar through this app.
- You can set recurrent events without hindrance.
- It will add birthdays from your contacts, if any.
- Being free, it shows ads but in a controlled way.
If you believe in no fluff, no bluff, then this calendar app for Android is for you. It is a simple calendar app that has easy to use interface. Moreover, the app has a very good rating on Playstore, which speaks for its usefulness. The original version was released for Android 4.4, which is so long ago. If you don’t like the horizontal events view, you can use this app because this app comes with a vertically scrolling view of the events.
- You can view events in months, weeks, and days formats.
- This app is very simple and easy to use.
- Create, and edit events in the calendar.
- Requires a limited amount of system resources.
- Decent settings to customize as your need.
8. Calendar Widget Month + Agenda
Calendar Widget Month + Agenda helps you to add a calendar widget to your home screen. You can add a very nice calendar widget with the help of this app. The calendar widget will blend into your home screen as it has multiple designs.
It can sync with the Google Calendar to show you upcoming events. Using this app, you can click on the date and view the events on the selected day. Remember, it is an app for adding widgets, not an event calendar or to-do.
- Shows markers in the day that has an event.
- It shows today’s agenda with just a few taps.
- Prompt the default calendar app upon clicking on the date.
- It has a very beautiful UI design.
- It is simple to use and suits users of all ages.
9. Jorte Calendar & Organizer
Jorte Calendar & Organizer is one of the best calendar apps for Android, which you can use for free. It comes with lots of features at your disposal. Using this app, you can organize your events, appointments, and many more. You don’t have to think about the events you saved in different apps anymore.
Again, this app allows you to sync calendar data from Microsoft Office 365 and Evernote. Among many useful features, it provides a countdown timer that shows how many days are left of a particular event.
- Very intuitive design and awesome user experience.
- Offers a high degree of customization options.
- You can customize the side menu.
- You can add a photo to the event, which will show up on tap.
- Allows you to back up the calendar data and move it to other devices.
- It comes with multiple widgets that can be added to the home screen.
10. One Calendar
One Calendar is an efficient and free calendar app that is also reliable. The app comes with very straightforward features that are made loved by people. The design is very simple and sleek. At the same time, it comes with multiple view options for a calendar. You can view the calendar in a full calendar, year, and month with listed events. It supports more than five calendar synchronization, so you don’t have to lose any data from your calendar.
- Offers a very beautiful and professional design.
- It provides at least 3 calendar views.
- You can personalize the theme of this app.
- It is simple, materialistic, and easy to use.
- It supports all calendars, such as Facebook, Office 365, Kcloud, WebCal, etc.
- You can integrate all your calendars into this app.
11. New Calendar
Here is another best calendar app that is simple to use yet loaded with features. This app comes with most of the calendar functions conveniently. You can use this calendar app with Google Calendar. The app supports daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly views. Not only this, this app comes with a public holiday list for more than 30 regions. Additionally, it also provides Voice Reminder features that will notify you about the event with voice.
- It supports sunrise, sunset, and lunar phase time.
- It comes with ten widgets that can be added to the home screen.
- Has a sticky note widget with a voice command.
- The To-do list widget is available on the home screen.
- The available layout is clear and colorful in design.
- Each event has a different color label
12. TimeTree – Free Shared Calendar
TimeTree – Free Share Calendar is another best calendar apps for Android that offers lots of features. This app is one of the top-rated apps in the Play Store. If you need a productive calendar app, then it will help you in every way. It offers a full-month view of the calendar and the events at a glance. You can create group events and share that with other team members. You can manage permission for individuals or teams who can or cannot view or edit the events.
- It offers a memo feature and can be shared with other members.
- You can view the calendar overview on demand.
- Comes with a public holiday list for over 13 countries.
- You can share specific events on Messenger.
- You can create a plan for different social life like family, work, education, etc.
- Synchronizes with other calendar apps without issues.
13. Simple Calendar
As the name suggests, Simple Calendar is a calendar app for basic usage. You can use this app if you need very basic functionalities of the calendar. However, this app is only for rooted devices. You can create and save an event, and this app will notify you about that event. Moreover, this app has day and month views. It also shows the events in the monthly view of the calendar. The UI is very intuitive and comprehensive to use.
- The app is suitable for all types of users.
- Very basic and simple UI for low hardware-based devices.
- Check the events in the monthly view.
- Provides the sticky notification for reminding all day long.
- You can view past events with ease.
14. Smooth Calendar
Smooth Calendar is another best calendar apps you can try. It is also known as one of the top-rated calendar apps. You can schedule your events in its easy-to-use interface. This highly configurable app comes with multiple calendar views, such as daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.
It also provides powerful agenda views and also shows public holiday information. This app requires a minimal amount of system resources. Besides, it has multiple widgets that you can add to your home screen.
- You can change the view of the calendar with different Android themes.
- It lets you view all the events at a glance in an organized way.
- This app provides public holiday information about your place.
- It can sync the data from Google Calendar for more secure information.
- This app indeed comes with multiple widgets.
- It will also notify you about the event on the home screen.
15. Calendar+ Schedule Planner App
Calendar+ Schedule Planner App is another excellent calendar app because it offers complete schedule planning. It allows you to sync the Google calendar to your event planner pipeline. At the same time, you can synchronize different events, such as family, office, and personal events.
Moreover, this app has a hand gesture feature that allows you to create events by shaking the device. It provides multiple options for notifying the event. It also comes with multiple widgets.
- The events are organized with perfect word-wrapping colors.
- Easily create, edit, and share events.
- Integrates multiple notification systems such as popups, vibrations, and sounds.
- The event widget opens the available event info by tapping the current day.
- It supports recurrent events as the users require.
16. Business Calendar
If you want to increase your productivity, you should use this Business Calendar app. It is one of the best calendar apps for Android. You can completely sync this app with Google Calendar and import all the events to this app. The Business Calendar app is very useful and reliable, so it has won the praise of critics and general users. One feature that makes this app stand out from other calendar apps is that you can view all the events at a glance.
- Multiple views according to day, month, year, and agenda.
- Users can zoom the multi-day for up to 14 days.
- Shows different colors for year view mode.
- You can search for events without any hiccups.
- Provides multiple widgets for users to change and mix up manually.
- It supports recurrent events if needed.
17. Calendar Daily – Planner
Calendar Daily – Planner is one of the newest calendar apps for Android. It has lots of features that are supposed to be present in any premium app. It allows multiple views of the calendar, such as daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. You can add an agenda or a to-do list for any particular day. It can automatically import birthdays, holidays, and events from Google Calendar. It is completely free and works perfectly offline.
- Provides multiple widgets for positive customizations.
- A manual reminder option is available, so you can set your reminder as required.
- Shows a brief list of events at a glance.
- You can set the starting day of the week.
- Go to the next or previous month by swapping to left or right.
18. Holiday Calendar Free
Holiday Calendar Free is a public holiday calendar that provides information about public holidays in more than 20 countries. You can see the holiday description and add your own holiday to the list. There is a widget available to see the upcoming holiday information.
It allows you to add personal holidays. Not only this, but this app also allows you to select your default country so that it shows on the widget. Along with the abovementioned, it is free and has no annoying ads.
- The holiday lists are available and marked appropriately.
- You can add your personal events manually.
- Widgets are available to add to the home screen.
- Easy to change the month by swapping left or right.
- Different marks are available for religious, national, school, and bank holidays.
- The app design is very clean and intuitive.
19. Teamup Calendar
Teamup Calendar must be your best pick if you want to let the team members synchronize the same file across their devices. It extends the Google Calendar and offers more stunning features. You can let others check the schedule and track the status and resources.
It comes with multiple calendar views and themes. All the users can sign up with their Google account for free. Also, the available different color-code events will help make your work schedules.
- It allows real-time synchronization with other team members.
- You can use it to mark locations on Google Maps.
- This app comes with an advanced reminder and event management function.
- You can invite people to your events directly from this app.
- You can also check the venue, booking status, and other essential information.
- It also supports dark mode and has a multifunctional dashboard for users.
20. Calendar – Agenda and Holidays
If you are looking for the best calendar app for Android, then Calendar – Agenda and Holidays app is for you. You will not have to look for another calendar app once you start using this. You can quickly make a plan and schedule your events through this app.
It allows you to sync calendar data from other calendar apps. Also, it notifies you in advance before the event is in action. Moreover, you can also add any to-do activity and get a notification about the to-do.
- It allows you to add to-dos without any restrictions.
- Provides information on public holidays according to location.
- Notify you about the events in advance.
- Comes with multiple themes like dark and white.
- It shows the seasons and commemorative days of the year.
- Supports data synchronization from other calendar apps.
The play store contains lots of apps for any purpose. It is tough to find the right one. No matter what calendar app you choose for Android, the app has to be reliable. Because with an unreliable app, you may miss any of your events. Most of the apps mentioned above are reliable and averaged over four. I also picked apps that have a high number of ratings.
You can share your thought about the list by commenting below. Also, let me know if I have missed something to add here. You are always welcome to share your thoughts. And one more thing, don’t forget to share your thoughts. Thank you.